News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
No single marketing channel is right for every brand on the planet, although with the right strategy in place, every brand could potentially use all of the available channels with success. Getting the strategy and planning in place to make the most of the channels is the key.
"The best way for a brand to select the marketing channels that will work best for its business needs is to first determine which ones its customer base uses most frequently and why," said Jamie Anderson, Global Vice President, Product Marketing, Customer Engagement Solutions, SAP. "It's not that they absolutely should not use every channel, but it's more of a note of caution. Brands shouldn't use every channel available if they are likely not going to be able to appropriately staff them all. If a brand doesn't understand its place on a specific channel, it's best to first do a considerable amount of research in order to avoid an embarrassing misfire."
Once the research is done and the channels are selected - based on those customer criteria - what should brands do to ensure they are connecting?
"You need your ears open to the world to monitor for sentiment and opinions - both positive and negative - about your brand," said Anderson.
Second, engage. Look at how your customers are using a social network or a content site and determine from there how to best make contact that is relevant for those consumers, advises Anderson.
"[Businesses] must look at how they can use these channels to amplify positive brand messages," said Anderson. "How? By responding to the needs of customers on each customer's terms."
More from Jamie and SAP later this week, including his tips on better social network engagement.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...