News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
No single marketing channel is right for every brand on the planet, although with the right strategy in place, every brand could potentially use all of the available channels with success. Getting the strategy and planning in place to make the most of the channels is the key.
"The best way for a brand to select the marketing channels that will work best for its business needs is to first determine which ones its customer base uses most frequently and why," said Jamie Anderson, Global Vice President, Product Marketing, Customer Engagement Solutions, SAP. "It's not that they absolutely should not use every channel, but it's more of a note of caution. Brands shouldn't use every channel available if they are likely not going to be able to appropriately staff them all. If a brand doesn't understand its place on a specific channel, it's best to first do a considerable amount of research in order to avoid an embarrassing misfire."
Once the research is done and the channels are selected - based on those customer criteria - what should brands do to ensure they are connecting?
"You need your ears open to the world to monitor for sentiment and opinions - both positive and negative - about your brand," said Anderson.
Second, engage. Look at how your customers are using a social network or a content site and determine from there how to best make contact that is relevant for those consumers, advises Anderson.
"[Businesses] must look at how they can use these channels to amplify positive brand messages," said Anderson. "How? By responding to the needs of customers on each customer's terms."
More from Jamie and SAP later this week, including his tips on better social network engagement.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...