News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
Many US families are already hip-deep in notebooks and pens, new shoes and jeans for the back to school year, but there are still many left to shop for these items. And, surprisingly, nearly half say Amazon is influencing their buys - both online and in-store.
According to new research out from Baynote most parents (70%) plan to shop with their children in stores while about one-third will shop online with their child taking part in choices. And, while 85% say childrens' wish lists help them choose, about three-quarters (79%) are also relying on product reviews. Nearly half (40%) say they're using mobile devices in store to compare prices on Amazon.
"While parents are the primary buyers of back-to-school supplies and apparel, their student's opinions play an important role in the purchase decision," said Lauren Freedman, president, e-tailing group. "So it is important for retailers to understand how the entire family - both parents and students - are being influenced, especially as the social and mobile channels continue to gain traction."
"We wanted to discover what is motivating buyers this back-to-school season and how retailers should adjust to capitalize on their changing shopping behaviors," said Marti Tedesco, Senior Director, Corporate Marketing at Baynote. "As consumer expectations rise and stores like Amazon continue to dominate, it is more important than ever that retailers understand how and why consumers are making purchases so they can tailor the shopping experience accordingly."
Other interesting findings include:
• 49% will use mobile devices in-store to redeem coupons
• 34% say they'll use smartphones to research products
• 23% say they'll use a smartphone to buy products
• 84% say they'll opt for free shipping offers
• 80% say they'll look for email promotions
• 64% say they'll look for flash sales or social network promotions
Image via Shutterstock
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...