News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Shoppers more focused on sustainability
When it comes to spending money, more global consumers are looking at what brands give back to the world - and not just in the products offered. According to a new report out from Nielsen just over half of the global online community look at how sustainable a brand is and brands' social responsibility when they pull out their wallets.
Social good is becoming more important to consumers around the world. That is the takeaway from a new Nielsen report which indicates 55% of the world's population will spend more for products or services offered by brands who take social responsibility seriously - those who give back to environmental programs or who support human rights, for example. The breakdown by region looks like this:
• 64% of Asia-Pacific consumers buy 'socially responsible' brands' products
• 63% of Latin American consumers do so
• 63% of Africa/Middle East consumers do so
• 42% of North Americans buy 'socially responsible' brands
• 40% of Europeans buy 'socially responsible' brands
"Consumers around the world are saying loud and clear that a brand's social purpose is among the factors that influence purchase decisions," said Amy Fenton, global leader of public development and sustainability, Nielsen. "This behavior is on the rise and it provides opportunities for meaningful impact in our communities, in addition to helping to grow share for brands."
Just over half of those surveyed say they've made at least 1 product/service from a socially conscious brand in the past 6 months; consumers in Latin America and Middle East/Africa countries skewed slightly higher.
Image via Shutterstock
- Shoppers: Tracking is creepy
- Social media's role as a shopping aid rising
- Twitter's top tips for reality TV hashtags
- Less than 1 in 10 hotel reservations made via mobile in 2014
- Millennials want convenient, functional and relevant mobile app experience
- Travel Forecast: European Vacations Coming
- Top 3 tips to better engage Hispanic consumers
- YouTube announced 80% YoY mobile growth
Featured White Papers
- Gain Real-time email competitive intelligence with this video
Watch this short webinar today and see for yourself how you can gain access to email competitive data, real-time inbox...
- Digital Marketing: Are You Ready to Go Agile? (Best Practices)
Digital marketing isn't just about the channel, it's the mechanism by which people are creating and sharing experiences; engaging not...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...