News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Shoppers more focused on sustainability
When it comes to spending money, more global consumers are looking at what brands give back to the world - and not just in the products offered. According to a new report out from Nielsen just over half of the global online community look at how sustainable a brand is and brands' social responsibility when they pull out their wallets.
Social good is becoming more important to consumers around the world. That is the takeaway from a new Nielsen report which indicates 55% of the world's population will spend more for products or services offered by brands who take social responsibility seriously - those who give back to environmental programs or who support human rights, for example. The breakdown by region looks like this:
• 64% of Asia-Pacific consumers buy 'socially responsible' brands' products
• 63% of Latin American consumers do so
• 63% of Africa/Middle East consumers do so
• 42% of North Americans buy 'socially responsible' brands
• 40% of Europeans buy 'socially responsible' brands
"Consumers around the world are saying loud and clear that a brand's social purpose is among the factors that influence purchase decisions," said Amy Fenton, global leader of public development and sustainability, Nielsen. "This behavior is on the rise and it provides opportunities for meaningful impact in our communities, in addition to helping to grow share for brands."
Just over half of those surveyed say they've made at least 1 product/service from a socially conscious brand in the past 6 months; consumers in Latin America and Middle East/Africa countries skewed slightly higher.
Image via Shutterstock
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...