News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Shoppers more focused on sustainability
When it comes to spending money, more global consumers are looking at what brands give back to the world - and not just in the products offered. According to a new report out from Nielsen just over half of the global online community look at how sustainable a brand is and brands' social responsibility when they pull out their wallets.
Social good is becoming more important to consumers around the world. That is the takeaway from a new Nielsen report which indicates 55% of the world's population will spend more for products or services offered by brands who take social responsibility seriously - those who give back to environmental programs or who support human rights, for example. The breakdown by region looks like this:
• 64% of Asia-Pacific consumers buy 'socially responsible' brands' products
• 63% of Latin American consumers do so
• 63% of Africa/Middle East consumers do so
• 42% of North Americans buy 'socially responsible' brands
• 40% of Europeans buy 'socially responsible' brands
"Consumers around the world are saying loud and clear that a brand's social purpose is among the factors that influence purchase decisions," said Amy Fenton, global leader of public development and sustainability, Nielsen. "This behavior is on the rise and it provides opportunities for meaningful impact in our communities, in addition to helping to grow share for brands."
Just over half of those surveyed say they've made at least 1 product/service from a socially conscious brand in the past 6 months; consumers in Latin America and Middle East/Africa countries skewed slightly higher.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Releases focus on data
- Survey: SMBs report good start to 2016
- Business mail rooms inundated with personal online shopping deliveries
- Study: Micro-businesses need more help
- eRetail, banking and airline ticketing earmarked as hot areas for online fraud
- Poll: SMBs worried over benefits, pay
- Expert: Tips for better small business expansion
- Mobile Roundup: Breaking down app, game installs
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...