News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Shoppers more focused on sustainability
When it comes to spending money, more global consumers are looking at what brands give back to the world - and not just in the products offered. According to a new report out from Nielsen just over half of the global online community look at how sustainable a brand is and brands' social responsibility when they pull out their wallets.
Social good is becoming more important to consumers around the world. That is the takeaway from a new Nielsen report which indicates 55% of the world's population will spend more for products or services offered by brands who take social responsibility seriously - those who give back to environmental programs or who support human rights, for example. The breakdown by region looks like this:
• 64% of Asia-Pacific consumers buy 'socially responsible' brands' products
• 63% of Latin American consumers do so
• 63% of Africa/Middle East consumers do so
• 42% of North Americans buy 'socially responsible' brands
• 40% of Europeans buy 'socially responsible' brands
"Consumers around the world are saying loud and clear that a brand's social purpose is among the factors that influence purchase decisions," said Amy Fenton, global leader of public development and sustainability, Nielsen. "This behavior is on the rise and it provides opportunities for meaningful impact in our communities, in addition to helping to grow share for brands."
Just over half of those surveyed say they've made at least 1 product/service from a socially conscious brand in the past 6 months; consumers in Latin America and Middle East/Africa countries skewed slightly higher.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...