News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Sequenced ads outperform sustained CTA messaging
Sequencing ads may be the answer for some brands. That's the key takeaway from a new study out from Adaptly which found sequenced ads targeted to individuals increase view-thrus by 87% and conversions by 56% when compared to sustained call to action messaging.
Researchers with Adaptly looked at how, in a Facebook newsfeed campaign, how sequenced ads performed compared to sustained CTA ads. To create their pool, they created a custom audience from Refinery29s email subscriber list and then created a 'lookalike' audience based on Facebook data. From there, the researchers created 3 creatively tailored campaigns; for the sequenced campaigns, ads were split across top, middle and bottom of the funnel while the CTA campaign used similar bidding strategies across a 4 day campaign.
"As fundamental as this question is, it's amazing that so little has been published on the topic of sequencing vs. sustained messaging," said Nikhil Sethi, CEO at Adaptly. "And although the research findings might sound like an obvious outcome, some advertisers may find it counterintuitive to elongate a campaign as a way to more gradually bring their audience through the purchase funnel, rather than more immediately delivering a call-to-action. But we have proven that this classic brand-building approach it is both effective and efficient, even for direct response advertising."
What they found was that the sequenced ads had the most view-through to the campaign landing page with the first CTA message coming in second.
"Quality and engagement are critical when developing a customer-base with real lifetime value," said Melissa Goidel, chief revenue officer at Refinery29. "By telling the Refinery29 story during the acquisition process, and building awareness and consideration before driving to conversion, we were able to increase our return-on-investment and ultimately acquire a more informed and qualified subscriber."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...