News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Salespeople want to succeed, feel ill-prepared
It seems like a no-brainer: the most prepared people will have the biggest impact on sales. In fact, it is, yet many salespeople feel ill prepared when sent out to sell their brands' products or services. According to new data out from Corporate Visions most salespeople surveyed feel confident about presenting certain products and differentiating between Brand A and B, but less than one-third feel they're prepared to justify financial costs or negotiating for purchases.
"It's no surprise that salespeople feel most confident in their product presentation skills, since that's where the majority of companies focus their training initiatives. What is surprising, however, is how grossly unprepared reps are when it comes to having the three most critical conversations in the customer buying cycle," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "In order to be truly successful, companies need to provide their reps with the right messaging, tools and training skills so they can move prospects off the status quo, have effective executive-level conversations, provide financial justification for what they're selling and negotiate a price that ensures maximum investment."
According to the Corporate Visions study:
• 26% feel pressure when demonstrating financial justification, 25% during negotiations and 24% during executive conversations
• 63% feel most prepared for product presentations, 54% for competitive differentiation
• 50% feel 'adequately prepared' for sales creation by their team
Researchers polled more than 700 B-to-B sales people around the world to come to these conclusions.
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
- AdRoll: Study finds retargeting focus for most brands
- Study: Power of Hispanic shoppers growing
- Report: News, media sites opening slow in mobile
- Marin: Brands looking to integrate marketing efforts
- Nielsen sheds light on the Millennial male
- Ad RoundUp: Analysis key to releases
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...