News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Salespeople want to succeed, feel ill-prepared
It seems like a no-brainer: the most prepared people will have the biggest impact on sales. In fact, it is, yet many salespeople feel ill prepared when sent out to sell their brands' products or services. According to new data out from Corporate Visions most salespeople surveyed feel confident about presenting certain products and differentiating between Brand A and B, but less than one-third feel they're prepared to justify financial costs or negotiating for purchases.
"It's no surprise that salespeople feel most confident in their product presentation skills, since that's where the majority of companies focus their training initiatives. What is surprising, however, is how grossly unprepared reps are when it comes to having the three most critical conversations in the customer buying cycle," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "In order to be truly successful, companies need to provide their reps with the right messaging, tools and training skills so they can move prospects off the status quo, have effective executive-level conversations, provide financial justification for what they're selling and negotiate a price that ensures maximum investment."
According to the Corporate Visions study:
• 26% feel pressure when demonstrating financial justification, 25% during negotiations and 24% during executive conversations
• 63% feel most prepared for product presentations, 54% for competitive differentiation
• 50% feel 'adequately prepared' for sales creation by their team
Researchers polled more than 700 B-to-B sales people around the world to come to these conclusions.
Image via Shutterstock
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...