News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Salespeople want to succeed, feel ill-prepared
It seems like a no-brainer: the most prepared people will have the biggest impact on sales. In fact, it is, yet many salespeople feel ill prepared when sent out to sell their brands' products or services. According to new data out from Corporate Visions most salespeople surveyed feel confident about presenting certain products and differentiating between Brand A and B, but less than one-third feel they're prepared to justify financial costs or negotiating for purchases.
"It's no surprise that salespeople feel most confident in their product presentation skills, since that's where the majority of companies focus their training initiatives. What is surprising, however, is how grossly unprepared reps are when it comes to having the three most critical conversations in the customer buying cycle," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "In order to be truly successful, companies need to provide their reps with the right messaging, tools and training skills so they can move prospects off the status quo, have effective executive-level conversations, provide financial justification for what they're selling and negotiate a price that ensures maximum investment."
According to the Corporate Visions study:
• 26% feel pressure when demonstrating financial justification, 25% during negotiations and 24% during executive conversations
• 63% feel most prepared for product presentations, 54% for competitive differentiation
• 50% feel 'adequately prepared' for sales creation by their team
Researchers polled more than 700 B-to-B sales people around the world to come to these conclusions.
Image via Shutterstock
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...