News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Salespeople want to succeed, feel ill-prepared
It seems like a no-brainer: the most prepared people will have the biggest impact on sales. In fact, it is, yet many salespeople feel ill prepared when sent out to sell their brands' products or services. According to new data out from Corporate Visions most salespeople surveyed feel confident about presenting certain products and differentiating between Brand A and B, but less than one-third feel they're prepared to justify financial costs or negotiating for purchases.
"It's no surprise that salespeople feel most confident in their product presentation skills, since that's where the majority of companies focus their training initiatives. What is surprising, however, is how grossly unprepared reps are when it comes to having the three most critical conversations in the customer buying cycle," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "In order to be truly successful, companies need to provide their reps with the right messaging, tools and training skills so they can move prospects off the status quo, have effective executive-level conversations, provide financial justification for what they're selling and negotiate a price that ensures maximum investment."
According to the Corporate Visions study:
• 26% feel pressure when demonstrating financial justification, 25% during negotiations and 24% during executive conversations
• 63% feel most prepared for product presentations, 54% for competitive differentiation
• 50% feel 'adequately prepared' for sales creation by their team
Researchers polled more than 700 B-to-B sales people around the world to come to these conclusions.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: New tools to track, serve ads
- How to maximize your content marketing strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...