News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Salespeople want to succeed, feel ill-prepared
It seems like a no-brainer: the most prepared people will have the biggest impact on sales. In fact, it is, yet many salespeople feel ill prepared when sent out to sell their brands' products or services. According to new data out from Corporate Visions most salespeople surveyed feel confident about presenting certain products and differentiating between Brand A and B, but less than one-third feel they're prepared to justify financial costs or negotiating for purchases.
"It's no surprise that salespeople feel most confident in their product presentation skills, since that's where the majority of companies focus their training initiatives. What is surprising, however, is how grossly unprepared reps are when it comes to having the three most critical conversations in the customer buying cycle," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "In order to be truly successful, companies need to provide their reps with the right messaging, tools and training skills so they can move prospects off the status quo, have effective executive-level conversations, provide financial justification for what they're selling and negotiate a price that ensures maximum investment."
According to the Corporate Visions study:
• 26% feel pressure when demonstrating financial justification, 25% during negotiations and 24% during executive conversations
• 63% feel most prepared for product presentations, 54% for competitive differentiation
• 50% feel 'adequately prepared' for sales creation by their team
Researchers polled more than 700 B-to-B sales people around the world to come to these conclusions.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
- Study: SMB's pushing the social media spend
- Report: BOPIS hot for the holidays
- Apps are asking users for too much personal data and providing too little privacy information
- Facebook statuses - now you see them, now you don't
- Expert: SMBs banking on themselves
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...