News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Execs must take more ownership of social strategy
More consumers are turning to social networks to voice displeasure over customer service, products not working properly or missing shipments, and it is not surprise that many brands have followed consumers' into the social space. But, according to one new report, though many brands have a social 'presence' that presence may not make the best impression.
Forrester Consulting conducted the study along with partner Conversocial, which surveyed more than 150 contact center executives about social strategies. What they found was one-third (35%) of social customer service agents re-start conversations with consumers for each contact point because there 'is no record' of the conversation history. They further found only about one-third (33%) of social customer service platforms were chosen by the customer service team; most were chose for their marketing abilities.
"Businesses need to realize that social doesn't just sit with your marketing team anymore. Social media is a primary customer service channel alongside email, phone and chat. Our platform alone handles more than 200 requests per minute and 275,000 requests a day, so brands cannot neglect these channels. We believe that marketing and customer service departments should work more closely together. But this comes through real human relationship - not by siloing social media into a single tool that doesn't allow customer service to reach its full potential," said Conversocial Founder and CEO, Joshua March.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 22% more consumers now use Twitter for consumers than did so before 2009
• Most consumers prefer channels like phone/email over social networks
• 45% of those using dedicated customer service solutions rank efficiency as 'excellent'
"There are many aspects of social media that make it different from traditional service channels, the biggest being that it's so public! However, when a customer reaches out for help they don't care about the channel, they just want a great service experience. Dedicated solutions allow customer service teams to do what they do best...serve the customer," said Clare Wilkerson, Head of Multi Channel Strategy at Direct Line.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...