News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SocialBakers: Facebooks interactions up, businesses pay attention
There has been a lot of buzz lately about Facebook's marketing practices - post boosting, not showing every post from every page 'liked' by a consumer. Still, the giant social network just keeps growing. New users, more engagement and more interactions - that is the takeaway from a new SocialBakers report.
Researchers with SocialBakers are digging deep into Facebook to determine how people are engaging with businesses in the social space. Among the interesting findings are:
• Between January 2013 and June 2014 page interactions increased 30%
• Media engagements have increased most in the Entertainment, Society and Sport categories
• The Community category was the one one to see a decrease in interactions
What can social brands do to increase their page reach and interaction? According to the report:
First, businesses should create engaging content. Use images or video and make it interesting.
Second, study which post are pushing traffic to your website, which posts are increasing conversions and which are helping to improve brand awareness. By knowing these things, brands can continue to create the kind of content their customers are looking for.
Third, amplify - boost those posts and don't forget to target. Getting the right message to the right group is key to increasing engagement.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
- Multifactor authentication added to RoboForm
- Research reveals which website image format results in happier visitors
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...