News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SocialBakers: Facebooks interactions up, businesses pay attention
There has been a lot of buzz lately about Facebook's marketing practices - post boosting, not showing every post from every page 'liked' by a consumer. Still, the giant social network just keeps growing. New users, more engagement and more interactions - that is the takeaway from a new SocialBakers report.
Researchers with SocialBakers are digging deep into Facebook to determine how people are engaging with businesses in the social space. Among the interesting findings are:
• Between January 2013 and June 2014 page interactions increased 30%
• Media engagements have increased most in the Entertainment, Society and Sport categories
• The Community category was the one one to see a decrease in interactions
What can social brands do to increase their page reach and interaction? According to the report:
First, businesses should create engaging content. Use images or video and make it interesting.
Second, study which post are pushing traffic to your website, which posts are increasing conversions and which are helping to improve brand awareness. By knowing these things, brands can continue to create the kind of content their customers are looking for.
Third, amplify - boost those posts and don't forget to target. Getting the right message to the right group is key to increasing engagement.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...