News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
Today's top retail websites are taking long to load than in previous years, according to new performance analysis conducted by Radware.
Integrated application delivery and application security solutions firm Radware has recently released its latest 'State of the Union: Ecommerce Page Speed and Web Performance" study.
The findings reveal a 49% increase in the time it takes for home pages of the top 100 retail websites to load. Today, the median load time of a top ecommerce home page is 10.7 seconds, up from 7.2 seconds just one year ago.
The median time to interact has also slowed. In one year the time it takes for a retailer's home page to become interactive has slowed 27% - from 4.9 seconds to 6.2 seconds.
Page size and their complexity are both behind the slowdown, says Radware.
"The median page has grown by 67% in just one year - from 1007 KB in Summer 2013 to 1677 KB now," writes Tammy Everts, web performance evangelist and senior researcher at Radware, on the company blog. "In 2013, the median page contained 82 resource requests. Today, the median page contains 100 requests. Much of this growth in size and complexity is due to the proliferation of poorly optimized images and third-party scripts (e.g. page analytics, tracking beacons, and social buttons)."
- GoDaddy, Microsoft partner for SMB solution
- Report: 1 in 4 execs want more transparency
- SMB Roundup: Launches to simplify content, listings
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
Featured White Papers
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...