News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Back to school stressing parents
With only a few weeks left before summer vacation is over for US families, both parents and kids report they're stressing out. For different reasons, of course, but the overall feeling in many households is that school equals stress.
According to a new survey out from Ebates, back to school thinking is stressing out both parents and kids. Parents, because of the money that will be spent on supplies, clothing, shoes and equipment and kids because they have to wake up early. Some interesting takeaways from the survey include:
• 56% of parents say back to school shopping is the most stressful
• 50% of parents say school/extracurricular schedules are the most stressful
• 69% of teens say getting up early is the most stressful
• 64% of teens say too much homework is the most stressful
Researchers also found, in addition to cost of supplies and clothing, parents stress because of crowded malls and stores while kids stress their parents won't like their style choices.
"For the second year in a row, our annual back to school survey shows that back to school shopping at malls causes stress for both parents and teens," said Kevin H. Johnson, CEO of Ebates, Inc. "At Ebates, we want to minimize the stress and concerns shoppers are faced with, making their shopping experience as easy and affordable as possible. Back to school shoppers can use Ebates.com to find the best deals at over 1600 retailers and to purchase all the hot items on their shopping list in time for the first day of school."
Most (90%) plan to save on back to school costs by using coupons/discounts and cash-back offers.
Meanwhile, Offers.com surveyed back to school families and found that 37% are already shopping for back to school items, with 28% saying they'll buy a few things online as well as in-store.
"This is the earliest we've seen this kind of across the board launch of the Back to School season," said Howard Schaffer, Vice President of Offers.com. "It's the new age of the savvy shopper. Shopping early and online is the new trend among consumers."
Only about one-third say they'll spend over $200 (per child) this year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...