News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: World Cup viewers using mobiles while watching games
Over the past 10 days World Cup fever has spread around the world - even in the US where many view soccer as a child's sport. Some interesting trends have come from viewing - like more people being online on mobile devices while watching the games and more people interacting with players or teams via social media.
A new infographic out from Vdopia sheds like on how Americans are engaging with the World Cup. Hint: its a mobile, tv, social World Cup.
"If you were to add in the number of people who comment on the games via social media on their mobile devices, fans at the games taking smartphone photos and folks who use apps to gather and watch the games, what emerges is an astronomical number of ways mobile factors into the World Cup games," says Saurabh Bhatia, co-founder, Chief Business Officer, Vdopia Inc. "It is hard to imagine a global event in the future where mobile will not be a huge factor. Smart marketers should be lining up for such opportunities."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 40% of Americans use mobiles while watching games on TV
• Americans have downloaded the FIFA World Cup app 5.3 million times
• 67% of viewers are 'willing to pay' for mobile video content from the World Cup
• 55% are using mobile devices to get information about the games during play
Americans are also using mobile devices during the games for streaming content (45%) and to report to their social networks (39%). Some (29%) are also buying gear.
Image via Shutterstock
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
- Study: Visuals important in reviews
- Consumers increasingly comfortable with mHealth options
- Study: Personalization important for rewards
- Retailers: How to use out-of-store events to engage
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...