News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: World Cup viewers using mobiles while watching games
Over the past 10 days World Cup fever has spread around the world - even in the US where many view soccer as a child's sport. Some interesting trends have come from viewing - like more people being online on mobile devices while watching the games and more people interacting with players or teams via social media.
A new infographic out from Vdopia sheds like on how Americans are engaging with the World Cup. Hint: its a mobile, tv, social World Cup.
"If you were to add in the number of people who comment on the games via social media on their mobile devices, fans at the games taking smartphone photos and folks who use apps to gather and watch the games, what emerges is an astronomical number of ways mobile factors into the World Cup games," says Saurabh Bhatia, co-founder, Chief Business Officer, Vdopia Inc. "It is hard to imagine a global event in the future where mobile will not be a huge factor. Smart marketers should be lining up for such opportunities."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 40% of Americans use mobiles while watching games on TV
• Americans have downloaded the FIFA World Cup app 5.3 million times
• 67% of viewers are 'willing to pay' for mobile video content from the World Cup
• 55% are using mobile devices to get information about the games during play
Americans are also using mobile devices during the games for streaming content (45%) and to report to their social networks (39%). Some (29%) are also buying gear.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...