News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: World Cup viewers using mobiles while watching games
Over the past 10 days World Cup fever has spread around the world - even in the US where many view soccer as a child's sport. Some interesting trends have come from viewing - like more people being online on mobile devices while watching the games and more people interacting with players or teams via social media.
A new infographic out from Vdopia sheds like on how Americans are engaging with the World Cup. Hint: its a mobile, tv, social World Cup.
"If you were to add in the number of people who comment on the games via social media on their mobile devices, fans at the games taking smartphone photos and folks who use apps to gather and watch the games, what emerges is an astronomical number of ways mobile factors into the World Cup games," says Saurabh Bhatia, co-founder, Chief Business Officer, Vdopia Inc. "It is hard to imagine a global event in the future where mobile will not be a huge factor. Smart marketers should be lining up for such opportunities."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 40% of Americans use mobiles while watching games on TV
• Americans have downloaded the FIFA World Cup app 5.3 million times
• 67% of viewers are 'willing to pay' for mobile video content from the World Cup
• 55% are using mobile devices to get information about the games during play
Americans are also using mobile devices during the games for streaming content (45%) and to report to their social networks (39%). Some (29%) are also buying gear.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...