News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: World Cup viewers using mobiles while watching games
Over the past 10 days World Cup fever has spread around the world - even in the US where many view soccer as a child's sport. Some interesting trends have come from viewing - like more people being online on mobile devices while watching the games and more people interacting with players or teams via social media.
A new infographic out from Vdopia sheds like on how Americans are engaging with the World Cup. Hint: its a mobile, tv, social World Cup.
"If you were to add in the number of people who comment on the games via social media on their mobile devices, fans at the games taking smartphone photos and folks who use apps to gather and watch the games, what emerges is an astronomical number of ways mobile factors into the World Cup games," says Saurabh Bhatia, co-founder, Chief Business Officer, Vdopia Inc. "It is hard to imagine a global event in the future where mobile will not be a huge factor. Smart marketers should be lining up for such opportunities."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 40% of Americans use mobiles while watching games on TV
• Americans have downloaded the FIFA World Cup app 5.3 million times
• 67% of viewers are 'willing to pay' for mobile video content from the World Cup
• 55% are using mobile devices to get information about the games during play
Americans are also using mobile devices during the games for streaming content (45%) and to report to their social networks (39%). Some (29%) are also buying gear.
Image via Shutterstock
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...