News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Pinterest, Twitter leading the sharing wars
Social networks are leading to a lot more sharing on the consumer side of things. According to new data out from ShareThis, Pinterest and Twitter are at the top of the sharing heap. According to their data three-quarters of shares made via Pinterest and Twitter are from mobile devices; only about half of Facebook's shares are mobile.
Other interesting findings from ShareThis include:
• Pinterest users are more active via tablet
• Twitter users are more active via smartphone
• Android users are most active via Facebook
• iOS/Apple users are most active via Pinterest and Twitter
"As you're looking to reach consumers on these channels, consider this: Facebook is the place to share about politics and parenting," writes ShareThis. "Twitter tends to be all about business and sports, and Pinterest leans heavily toward shopping. Mobile users are also nearly twice as likely to engage with CPG content compared to any other category."
Meanwhile, Unruly has released a list of the top 10 most shared video ads - so far - from 2014, and topping the list is a yogurt company. Pop star Shakira's ad for Activia ranks as the most-shared ad with more than 4.5 million social shares. Also in the top five are: 20th Century Fox's Devil's Due (2.1 million shares), Budweiser's Puppy Love (1.9 million shares), Cardstore/World's Toughest Job (1.8 million shares) and Wren's First Kiss (1.5 million shares).
It's interesting to note that, despite the Sochi Winter Olympics, the Super Bowl and this summer's FIFA World Cup, athletic ads aren't in the top 5. That may change when July's shares are added in at the end of the year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
- Report: Digital will be strong through holiday season
- Expert: How to ready for speech analytics
- Study: CPG to top $10b this year
- Newspapers go digital but readers continue to pick up a print copy
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...