News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Pinterest, Twitter leading the sharing wars
Social networks are leading to a lot more sharing on the consumer side of things. According to new data out from ShareThis, Pinterest and Twitter are at the top of the sharing heap. According to their data three-quarters of shares made via Pinterest and Twitter are from mobile devices; only about half of Facebook's shares are mobile.
Other interesting findings from ShareThis include:
• Pinterest users are more active via tablet
• Twitter users are more active via smartphone
• Android users are most active via Facebook
• iOS/Apple users are most active via Pinterest and Twitter
"As you're looking to reach consumers on these channels, consider this: Facebook is the place to share about politics and parenting," writes ShareThis. "Twitter tends to be all about business and sports, and Pinterest leans heavily toward shopping. Mobile users are also nearly twice as likely to engage with CPG content compared to any other category."
Meanwhile, Unruly has released a list of the top 10 most shared video ads - so far - from 2014, and topping the list is a yogurt company. Pop star Shakira's ad for Activia ranks as the most-shared ad with more than 4.5 million social shares. Also in the top five are: 20th Century Fox's Devil's Due (2.1 million shares), Budweiser's Puppy Love (1.9 million shares), Cardstore/World's Toughest Job (1.8 million shares) and Wren's First Kiss (1.5 million shares).
It's interesting to note that, despite the Sochi Winter Olympics, the Super Bowl and this summer's FIFA World Cup, athletic ads aren't in the top 5. That may change when July's shares are added in at the end of the year.
Image via Shutterstock
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...