News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: More brands turn to digital to grow business
An increasing number of local, national and international businesses are turning to the digital space to grow their business. According to a new survey of marketing professionals by Extole and GigaOm most marketers are using digital to increase brand awareness, customer acquisition and conversion rates. Here's how they're doing it:
Look for more ad budget dollars to be pushed into the digital space in the coming year. That is the takeaway from a new study which indicates more than half of brands will increase digital spending in 2014. What is perhaps most interesting is where they are placing those budget dollars - and why.
Email remains a strong contender, although it is one of the oldest forms of online marketing, while social is building fast - even though many engaging in social marketing say they can't pinpoint a valid ROI from those efforts. Also coming of age are Content Marketing (64% use regularly) and referral marketing as well as affiliate marketing.
Some interesting findings from the Extole/Gigaom study include:
• 60% of brands say they'll increase digital ad spending this year
• 56% say email is their 'most effective' customer retention tool
• Email is also cited as the workhorse for brand awareness, customer acquisition and conversion
• Most say they'll increase social but report social 'is difficult to prove' for ROI
Meanwhile, a growing number of marketers are using referral tactics however only about 39% say they regularly employ these tactics. Of those who do, nearly half (43%) say they acquire about one-third of their customers using referral tactics.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...