News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Marketing tech high on marketers' to-do lists
In the second half of 2014 look for more businesses to push their spending within the marketing technologies sector; that is the takeaway from the new Stat of B2B Lead Nurturing survey. According to the report most (82%) are looking to increase spending in that area; about three-quarters (72%) say they have marketing automation platforms in place.
Still, marketers want more control. The report also indicates 3 in 4 believe adding addition technologies will result in better optimization.
"Relying solely on email for lead nurturing is preventing B2B marketers from getting to the next level of business impact," said David Karel, CMO of Bizo. "With only five percent of website visitors willingly providing an email address, marketers' need to find other channels or risk limiting nurturing efforts to a very small portion of their target audience. Multi-channel nurturing represents a massive opportunity to reach prospects beyond the inbox and really boost the return on their marketing spend."
Other interesting findings from the survey include:
• 54% of B2B marketers say they are responsible for about 40% of their companies' revenue
• For about one-third of marketers less than 25% of budgets are used for prospecting new leads
• 79% say email open rates average below 20%
• 70% say email, display, search and social campaigns are 'only somewhat' integrated
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...