News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: In case of emergency, try cell
In case of emergencies, go straight to the phone. That's the intel from a new CallFire report, which indicates Americans are most responsive to text messaging in cases of emergencies. According to the report about 3 in 5 say they are 'most likely' to pay attention to emergency alerts sent to their phones.
Americans are crazy for our phones, especially in cases of emergency. According to new data from CallFire about 59% of Americans prefer to have emergency alerts - for weather, dangerous situations, etc. - come to them via text than through roadside signs or even television. Why? Because nearly three quarters (71%) say they've been in severe weather situations in which their television or online access stopped working; about 41% say they've been 'unaware' of dangerous situations because they didn't have real-time information.
Other interesting findings include:
• 59% say they want texted reminders about appointments, bill payments and password changes
• 52% say they want texted coupons/discounts from favorite stores
• 47% want flight cancellation details via text
• 18-34 year olds were 'most likely' to have been unaware of dangerous situations in real time
• 65+ people were most likely to feel informed about situations
Parents of young children are especially interested in texted alerts, but about two-thirds of all those surveyed (67%) said they would like real-time texted weather alerts for their area. Just over half say they're 'more likely to pay attention' to emergency alert texts.
The survey was conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of CallFire.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to improve cash flow
- Study IDs email fatigue
- Top 3 tips to create a strong 2nd party data strategy
- Study: Dark social key to seasonal sharing
- SMB Owners: What you need to know about OT changes
- Report IDs value of Pokemon Go players
- Native ads: Position of disclosure can affect click-through rate
- The state of Internet traffic in Europe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...