News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: In case of emergency, try cell
In case of emergencies, go straight to the phone. That's the intel from a new CallFire report, which indicates Americans are most responsive to text messaging in cases of emergencies. According to the report about 3 in 5 say they are 'most likely' to pay attention to emergency alerts sent to their phones.
Americans are crazy for our phones, especially in cases of emergency. According to new data from CallFire about 59% of Americans prefer to have emergency alerts - for weather, dangerous situations, etc. - come to them via text than through roadside signs or even television. Why? Because nearly three quarters (71%) say they've been in severe weather situations in which their television or online access stopped working; about 41% say they've been 'unaware' of dangerous situations because they didn't have real-time information.
Other interesting findings include:
• 59% say they want texted reminders about appointments, bill payments and password changes
• 52% say they want texted coupons/discounts from favorite stores
• 47% want flight cancellation details via text
• 18-34 year olds were 'most likely' to have been unaware of dangerous situations in real time
• 65+ people were most likely to feel informed about situations
Parents of young children are especially interested in texted alerts, but about two-thirds of all those surveyed (67%) said they would like real-time texted weather alerts for their area. Just over half say they're 'more likely to pay attention' to emergency alert texts.
The survey was conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of CallFire.
Image via Shutterstock
- Advertising Roundup: Analytics and mobile engagement
- How reviews from gift-givers can help brands
- 51% of Brits can not spot ads in search results
- Clean fraud and account takeover top UK businesses fraud concerns
- Survey: Elections worrisome for SMB owners
- Reports: Online crucial for SMBs
- 3 trends to watch in social marketing
- Expert: How extreme stacking can benefit retailers
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...