News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: In case of emergency, try cell
In case of emergencies, go straight to the phone. That's the intel from a new CallFire report, which indicates Americans are most responsive to text messaging in cases of emergencies. According to the report about 3 in 5 say they are 'most likely' to pay attention to emergency alerts sent to their phones.
Americans are crazy for our phones, especially in cases of emergency. According to new data from CallFire about 59% of Americans prefer to have emergency alerts - for weather, dangerous situations, etc. - come to them via text than through roadside signs or even television. Why? Because nearly three quarters (71%) say they've been in severe weather situations in which their television or online access stopped working; about 41% say they've been 'unaware' of dangerous situations because they didn't have real-time information.
Other interesting findings include:
• 59% say they want texted reminders about appointments, bill payments and password changes
• 52% say they want texted coupons/discounts from favorite stores
• 47% want flight cancellation details via text
• 18-34 year olds were 'most likely' to have been unaware of dangerous situations in real time
• 65+ people were most likely to feel informed about situations
Parents of young children are especially interested in texted alerts, but about two-thirds of all those surveyed (67%) said they would like real-time texted weather alerts for their area. Just over half say they're 'more likely to pay attention' to emergency alert texts.
The survey was conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of CallFire.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...