News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: In case of emergency, try cell
In case of emergencies, go straight to the phone. That's the intel from a new CallFire report, which indicates Americans are most responsive to text messaging in cases of emergencies. According to the report about 3 in 5 say they are 'most likely' to pay attention to emergency alerts sent to their phones.
Americans are crazy for our phones, especially in cases of emergency. According to new data from CallFire about 59% of Americans prefer to have emergency alerts - for weather, dangerous situations, etc. - come to them via text than through roadside signs or even television. Why? Because nearly three quarters (71%) say they've been in severe weather situations in which their television or online access stopped working; about 41% say they've been 'unaware' of dangerous situations because they didn't have real-time information.
Other interesting findings include:
• 59% say they want texted reminders about appointments, bill payments and password changes
• 52% say they want texted coupons/discounts from favorite stores
• 47% want flight cancellation details via text
• 18-34 year olds were 'most likely' to have been unaware of dangerous situations in real time
• 65+ people were most likely to feel informed about situations
Parents of young children are especially interested in texted alerts, but about two-thirds of all those surveyed (67%) said they would like real-time texted weather alerts for their area. Just over half say they're 'more likely to pay attention' to emergency alert texts.
The survey was conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of CallFire.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...