News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of UK employees fear being laid off in next six months
More than a quarter of UK workers worry they will lose their job in the next six months, according to an Employment Confidence Survey from jobs and career community Glassdoor.
Fears surrounding job security in the UK have risen 8% since Glassdoor's Q1 2014 survey. Twenty-nine percent of UK workers now fear being laid off in the next six months. The Employment Confidence Survey monitors job security, business outlook, salary expectations and job market optimism.
The region that is most pessimistic about job security is London where half (49%) worry they will be laid off in the coming six months. More than half (57%) of workers in London fear that work colleagues will be made redundant.
Furthermore, just 29% of both part- and full-time employees are optimistic that they could find a job similar to their current employment and salary should they be made redundant.
According to Jon Ingham, a career and workplace expert with Glassdoor, the amount of restructuring going on in workplaces across the UK is what is causing concern.
"Regional job losses are still being widely reported and this is prompting employees to feel less secure," said Ingham. "Employers will benefit from communicating openly about the specific circumstances of their own businesses, involving employees where there are issues and problems, and communicating confidently where there are already positive changes underway or there are signs of new opportunities for the future."
With regards to salary, just 37% expect to receive a pay rise or cost-of-living increase within the next year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...