News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile 'untangles and enhances' the path to physical stores
Far from taking away from in-store purchases, mobile has been found to facilitate store visits and is just another step in the path to purchase, according to a new survey released by Gannett divisions G/O Digital and Key Ring.
Mobile has opened up new opportunities for retailers to drive sales to brick-and-mortar stores, concludes the 'Local Mobile Advantage of Retailing' report. According to Chris Fagan, CEO of Key Ring, "mobile commerce isn't only limited to purchases made on a phone - it actually facilitates purchases at the local store level".
The report reveals mobile's power over consumers' purchase decisions in the pre-store, in-store and post-store shopping stages.
Nearly all (90%) of consumers surveyed for the report said smartphones were the easiest devices to use for in-store shopping. The most popular in-store mobile activity was searching for coupons to try to save money (35.9%), far more popular than buying an item online (12%).
Even before visiting a store, mobile phones have a role to play in the shopping scenario. Eighty-nine percent of respondents use their mobile phone to make a shopping list before a journey to the stores compared to just 6% who use a tablet and 4.7% who use a desktop.
"To fully unlock mobile's purchase power, retail and brand marketers must craft experiences that deliver what shoppers need, when they need it," said Fagan. "Mobile is used along the path to purchase - a process than is no longer as linear as it used to be because mobile devices facilitate discovery and planning on-the-go."
"When marketers are able to deliver localized, personalized, and relevant content to mobile shoppers, they will untangle and enhance the path to brick-and-mortar."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Digital Roundup: Free and freemium models launched
- Banking industry figures show silver surfers avid users of Internet, mobile banking
- Top 3 holiday trends than will impact 2015
- Valentine's Surveys: What couples are looking
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...