News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile 'untangles and enhances' the path to physical stores
Far from taking away from in-store purchases, mobile has been found to facilitate store visits and is just another step in the path to purchase, according to a new survey released by Gannett divisions G/O Digital and Key Ring.
Mobile has opened up new opportunities for retailers to drive sales to brick-and-mortar stores, concludes the 'Local Mobile Advantage of Retailing' report. According to Chris Fagan, CEO of Key Ring, "mobile commerce isn't only limited to purchases made on a phone - it actually facilitates purchases at the local store level".
The report reveals mobile's power over consumers' purchase decisions in the pre-store, in-store and post-store shopping stages.
Nearly all (90%) of consumers surveyed for the report said smartphones were the easiest devices to use for in-store shopping. The most popular in-store mobile activity was searching for coupons to try to save money (35.9%), far more popular than buying an item online (12%).
Even before visiting a store, mobile phones have a role to play in the shopping scenario. Eighty-nine percent of respondents use their mobile phone to make a shopping list before a journey to the stores compared to just 6% who use a tablet and 4.7% who use a desktop.
"To fully unlock mobile's purchase power, retail and brand marketers must craft experiences that deliver what shoppers need, when they need it," said Fagan. "Mobile is used along the path to purchase - a process than is no longer as linear as it used to be because mobile devices facilitate discovery and planning on-the-go."
"When marketers are able to deliver localized, personalized, and relevant content to mobile shoppers, they will untangle and enhance the path to brick-and-mortar."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...