News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile 'untangles and enhances' the path to physical stores
Far from taking away from in-store purchases, mobile has been found to facilitate store visits and is just another step in the path to purchase, according to a new survey released by Gannett divisions G/O Digital and Key Ring.
Mobile has opened up new opportunities for retailers to drive sales to brick-and-mortar stores, concludes the 'Local Mobile Advantage of Retailing' report. According to Chris Fagan, CEO of Key Ring, "mobile commerce isn't only limited to purchases made on a phone - it actually facilitates purchases at the local store level".
The report reveals mobile's power over consumers' purchase decisions in the pre-store, in-store and post-store shopping stages.
Nearly all (90%) of consumers surveyed for the report said smartphones were the easiest devices to use for in-store shopping. The most popular in-store mobile activity was searching for coupons to try to save money (35.9%), far more popular than buying an item online (12%).
Even before visiting a store, mobile phones have a role to play in the shopping scenario. Eighty-nine percent of respondents use their mobile phone to make a shopping list before a journey to the stores compared to just 6% who use a tablet and 4.7% who use a desktop.
"To fully unlock mobile's purchase power, retail and brand marketers must craft experiences that deliver what shoppers need, when they need it," said Fagan. "Mobile is used along the path to purchase - a process than is no longer as linear as it used to be because mobile devices facilitate discovery and planning on-the-go."
"When marketers are able to deliver localized, personalized, and relevant content to mobile shoppers, they will untangle and enhance the path to brick-and-mortar."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...