News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile redirects hamper conversions
New research from mobile and web optimization firm Yottaa has found that many of the top online retailers' mobile websites take longer to load due to several redirects.
More than 8 seconds of load time is being added to top retailers' mobile websites due to mobile redirects. According to Yottaa, 39% of mobile sites redirect users 2 or 3 times before beginning to load. Furthermore, 1 in 10 redirects users more than three times.
"Most surprising was the fact that a significant percentage among the top 500 - those who obviously invest a lot in their Web presence - are still making this mistake," said Ari Weil, vice president of products at Yottaa. "We would have expected this from perhaps smaller retailers who have less in-house development expertise on hand."
Mobile sites with four or more redirects are making mobile users wait more than 16 seconds before the site they are trying to access renders successfully - that's twice as long as mobile sites with no redirects - and that extra waiting can seriously affect conversions.
"Based on the data, it's apparent that the configuration of the commerce web is trailing significantly behind the significance of the channel," said Weil. "E-commerce businesses need to closely analyze how they can make up lost ground as seconds tick away during long page load times."
Image via Shutterstock
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify connection
- Reports: Price to factor in most Back to School purchases
- Survey: SMB owners still deciding their vote
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...