News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile redirects hamper conversions
New research from mobile and web optimization firm Yottaa has found that many of the top online retailers' mobile websites take longer to load due to several redirects.
More than 8 seconds of load time is being added to top retailers' mobile websites due to mobile redirects. According to Yottaa, 39% of mobile sites redirect users 2 or 3 times before beginning to load. Furthermore, 1 in 10 redirects users more than three times.
"Most surprising was the fact that a significant percentage among the top 500 - those who obviously invest a lot in their Web presence - are still making this mistake," said Ari Weil, vice president of products at Yottaa. "We would have expected this from perhaps smaller retailers who have less in-house development expertise on hand."
Mobile sites with four or more redirects are making mobile users wait more than 16 seconds before the site they are trying to access renders successfully - that's twice as long as mobile sites with no redirects - and that extra waiting can seriously affect conversions.
"Based on the data, it's apparent that the configuration of the commerce web is trailing significantly behind the significance of the channel," said Weil. "E-commerce businesses need to closely analyze how they can make up lost ground as seconds tick away during long page load times."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...