News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile redirects hamper conversions
New research from mobile and web optimization firm Yottaa has found that many of the top online retailers' mobile websites take longer to load due to several redirects.
More than 8 seconds of load time is being added to top retailers' mobile websites due to mobile redirects. According to Yottaa, 39% of mobile sites redirect users 2 or 3 times before beginning to load. Furthermore, 1 in 10 redirects users more than three times.
"Most surprising was the fact that a significant percentage among the top 500 - those who obviously invest a lot in their Web presence - are still making this mistake," said Ari Weil, vice president of products at Yottaa. "We would have expected this from perhaps smaller retailers who have less in-house development expertise on hand."
Mobile sites with four or more redirects are making mobile users wait more than 16 seconds before the site they are trying to access renders successfully - that's twice as long as mobile sites with no redirects - and that extra waiting can seriously affect conversions.
"Based on the data, it's apparent that the configuration of the commerce web is trailing significantly behind the significance of the channel," said Weil. "E-commerce businesses need to closely analyze how they can make up lost ground as seconds tick away during long page load times."
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...