News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
According to a new Gallup poll more than half of microbusinesses are using personal savings to fund their enterprise; about 43% use credit cards. Researchers found fewer than 3% of microbusinesses are using government loan programs and fewer than 2% use crowd funding programs for funding.
In fact, according to the Sam's Club/Gallup Microbusiness Tracker 42% have increased the price of goods they sell while 2 in 5 have dipped into retirement accounts to stay afloat.
"Despite concerns over worsening economic conditions, U.S. microbusiness owners are confident in nearly every dimension of work and life. This vital segment of the U.S. economy is passionate about their choice to pursue a small business venture and unwavering in their commitment to serving consumers with an intense focus on quality no matter how many other factors or challenges they may face," said Rosalind Brewer, president and CEO of Sam's Club.
Still, microbusiness owners are focused on saving for the future. Nearly half (44%) of those earning over $50,000 say they are 'anxious' about saving for retirement; women are more likely than men to worry about retirement savings.
Meanwhile, more small businesses are turning to mobile for their businesses. According to new data out from Constant Contact 77% of SMBs are using mobile technology for their business. They are optimizing mobile websites (60% adoption rate) for their customers and using mobile ads to engage (21% adoption rate).
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....