News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Merchants: What to expect for back to school
As August rushes toward us, marketers are finalizing plans for the big back-to-school rush. One expert offers his advice to help merchants key in on BTS trends.
Kristina: What trends are you seeing now in ecommerce?
Matt Winn, Senior Marketing Communications Manager, Volusion: Ecommerce is continuing to grow at an impressive rate thanks to new technologies and merchandising techniques, namely through mobile and tablet devices. As consumers are more and more connected to online commerce, so are the volumes of transactions taking place from a multitude of devices. Another major impact of the mobile explosion is the impact of comparison shopping. For example, many shoppers are using mobile apps and comparing prices while shopping in-store in an effort to find the best deal. This has ushered ecommerce retailers to place extra emphasis on their mobile presence and better integrate their mobile site into their overall brand experience, in addition to being more likely to having discount wars with larger retailers.
Kristina: What are you expecting to see during the back-to-school rush?
Matt: We're expecting to see just that: a rush. eMarketer predicts that digital sales for this year's back-to-school season will increase by 16% compared to 2013. With this additional shift on online shopping for sending the kids back to school expect a similar desire for consumers to seek bargains and discounts before making their purchases. In fact, NRF states that 3 in 10 back-to-school shoppers plan to do more comparison shopping online this year.
More from Matt and Volusion next week, including his top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans.
Image via Shutterstock
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...