News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Merchants: What to expect for back to school
As August rushes toward us, marketers are finalizing plans for the big back-to-school rush. One expert offers his advice to help merchants key in on BTS trends.
Kristina: What trends are you seeing now in ecommerce?
Matt Winn, Senior Marketing Communications Manager, Volusion: Ecommerce is continuing to grow at an impressive rate thanks to new technologies and merchandising techniques, namely through mobile and tablet devices. As consumers are more and more connected to online commerce, so are the volumes of transactions taking place from a multitude of devices. Another major impact of the mobile explosion is the impact of comparison shopping. For example, many shoppers are using mobile apps and comparing prices while shopping in-store in an effort to find the best deal. This has ushered ecommerce retailers to place extra emphasis on their mobile presence and better integrate their mobile site into their overall brand experience, in addition to being more likely to having discount wars with larger retailers.
Kristina: What are you expecting to see during the back-to-school rush?
Matt: We're expecting to see just that: a rush. eMarketer predicts that digital sales for this year's back-to-school season will increase by 16% compared to 2013. With this additional shift on online shopping for sending the kids back to school expect a similar desire for consumers to seek bargains and discounts before making their purchases. In fact, NRF states that 3 in 10 back-to-school shoppers plan to do more comparison shopping online this year.
More from Matt and Volusion next week, including his top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans.
Image via Shutterstock
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....