News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
iBeacon technology is becoming popular with both consumers and businesses. A UK-based iBeacon technology firm is offering free iBeacon installation and deployment to retailers in the run-up to the valuable festive season.
iBeacons are becoming the must-have mobile technology for brick-and-mortar stores. Used wisely, iBeacons can prompt store visitors to participate in in-store promotions and direct them to products that are relevant and useful to them, at the moment that is most effective.
Stores in the UK that carry FMCG, alcohol or publishing brands can now get iBeacon technology installed free of charge courtesy of iBeacon security and deployment firm Appflare.
As part of their offer, Appflare will provide qualifying retailers with its full iBeacon technology, including installation and maintenance, plus a campaign platform, free of charge for three years. For retailers that do not yet have an app, Appflare will also provide one, free of charge.
The offer is an ideal opportunity for stores to kit themselves out with iBeacon technology in time for the fast-approaching festive season.
"The reason why we are offering iBeacon technology to retailers for free is because we don't think the value lies in the hardware, but in the meaningful contact with a customer," said Owen Geddes, Founder and CEO of Appflare. "Retailers want to get their iBeacon solutions installed by September in time for the Christmas lock-down. Offering the service for free eases the installation process, which is great news for brands that are currently preparing their festive campaigns."
- GoDaddy, Microsoft partner for SMB solution
- Report: 1 in 4 execs want more transparency
- SMB Roundup: Launches to simplify content, listings
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
Featured White Papers
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...