News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How one brand increased order size, lowered order cancellations
One retail brand is crediting MarketLive's infrastructure in helping them increase orders, decrease cancellations and overall push their brand higher in consumers' minds.
"Prior to working with MarketLive, we had very little control over our merchandising. Most changes and strategies had to be programmed by IT, and it would take weeks to get anything updated on the site. With MarketLive, we gained the ability to make changes within the merchandising group, quickly and easily," said Amy Tissot, vice president of e-commerce and marketing at Donald J Pliner. "We gained a robust set of revenue enhancing features like faceted navigation, effective promotions management and single page checkout. In addition to great technology, our experience with MarketLive has included ongoing industry advice, merchandising best practices and retailing suggestions. It's difficult to put a tangible value on that, but it makes a world of difference."
In 2013 the Donald J Pliner brand chose MarketLive to power their new shopping site; their goals were to triple online revenue (within 3 years), optimize online revenues and create a more flexible platform for users.
"In addition to the merchandising flexibility requested by Donald J Pliner, we also suggested enhancements to SEO, to their mobile and social merchandising experiences, presented opportunities to improve search capability and product discoverability on the site, and made other suggestions to optimize revenues," said Ken Burke, founder and CEO of MarketLive. "Our partnership with Donald J Pliner shows how powerful our technology can be, especially when paired with our strategy and best practices expertise. Their knowledge about their brand can be monetized through the rich feature set and strategy optimization inherent in our solution."
Early results from the Pliner brand include:
• 3% higher average order size (within 1 year)
• 5% lower order cancellations (within 1 year)
• Increased conversion rates
Image via Shutterstock
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...