News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google video research gives brands food for thought
While nearly half of all adults head to YouTube to watch food-related videos new research from Google, conducted with the help of Millward Brown Digital and Firefly, reveals that Millennials watch a lot more food content on YouTube than all other demographics.
Millennial YouTube users, those between the ages of 18 to 34, watch 30% more food-related videos than any other demographic, found the research. They alone have contributed to a 280% growth in subscriptions to food-related YouTube channels over the past year.
Furthermore, they are more likely than other age groups to consume food-related YouTube content while on the go with three-quarters of the growth in viewership coming from mobile devices.
For marketers this is a valuable audience. Millennials watching food-related YouTube content were found to be a loyal and highly engaged audience. As well as the huge growth in subscriptions to food-related channels, views of food and recipe video content grew 59% YoY and social interaction such as shares, comments and Likes rose by 118%.
According to Google, "people are inclined to watch food videos on YouTube for four main reasons: entertainment, exploration, expertise or ease. YouTube food videos serve the spectrum from inspiration to creation: they're the chef, the teacher and the guide when you most need them".
To this end, brands can take advantage of the burgeoning foodie audience and inspire viewers with creative content, assist them with trips and tricks and align themselves with existing food celebrities.
Image via Shutterstock
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...