News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google video research gives brands food for thought
While nearly half of all adults head to YouTube to watch food-related videos new research from Google, conducted with the help of Millward Brown Digital and Firefly, reveals that Millennials watch a lot more food content on YouTube than all other demographics.
Millennial YouTube users, those between the ages of 18 to 34, watch 30% more food-related videos than any other demographic, found the research. They alone have contributed to a 280% growth in subscriptions to food-related YouTube channels over the past year.
Furthermore, they are more likely than other age groups to consume food-related YouTube content while on the go with three-quarters of the growth in viewership coming from mobile devices.
For marketers this is a valuable audience. Millennials watching food-related YouTube content were found to be a loyal and highly engaged audience. As well as the huge growth in subscriptions to food-related channels, views of food and recipe video content grew 59% YoY and social interaction such as shares, comments and Likes rose by 118%.
According to Google, "people are inclined to watch food videos on YouTube for four main reasons: entertainment, exploration, expertise or ease. YouTube food videos serve the spectrum from inspiration to creation: they're the chef, the teacher and the guide when you most need them".
To this end, brands can take advantage of the burgeoning foodie audience and inspire viewers with creative content, assist them with trips and tricks and align themselves with existing food celebrities.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...