News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google video research gives brands food for thought
While nearly half of all adults head to YouTube to watch food-related videos new research from Google, conducted with the help of Millward Brown Digital and Firefly, reveals that Millennials watch a lot more food content on YouTube than all other demographics.
Millennial YouTube users, those between the ages of 18 to 34, watch 30% more food-related videos than any other demographic, found the research. They alone have contributed to a 280% growth in subscriptions to food-related YouTube channels over the past year.
Furthermore, they are more likely than other age groups to consume food-related YouTube content while on the go with three-quarters of the growth in viewership coming from mobile devices.
For marketers this is a valuable audience. Millennials watching food-related YouTube content were found to be a loyal and highly engaged audience. As well as the huge growth in subscriptions to food-related channels, views of food and recipe video content grew 59% YoY and social interaction such as shares, comments and Likes rose by 118%.
According to Google, "people are inclined to watch food videos on YouTube for four main reasons: entertainment, exploration, expertise or ease. YouTube food videos serve the spectrum from inspiration to creation: they're the chef, the teacher and the guide when you most need them".
To this end, brands can take advantage of the burgeoning foodie audience and inspire viewers with creative content, assist them with trips and tricks and align themselves with existing food celebrities.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...