News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google video research gives brands food for thought
While nearly half of all adults head to YouTube to watch food-related videos new research from Google, conducted with the help of Millward Brown Digital and Firefly, reveals that Millennials watch a lot more food content on YouTube than all other demographics.
Millennial YouTube users, those between the ages of 18 to 34, watch 30% more food-related videos than any other demographic, found the research. They alone have contributed to a 280% growth in subscriptions to food-related YouTube channels over the past year.
Furthermore, they are more likely than other age groups to consume food-related YouTube content while on the go with three-quarters of the growth in viewership coming from mobile devices.
For marketers this is a valuable audience. Millennials watching food-related YouTube content were found to be a loyal and highly engaged audience. As well as the huge growth in subscriptions to food-related channels, views of food and recipe video content grew 59% YoY and social interaction such as shares, comments and Likes rose by 118%.
According to Google, "people are inclined to watch food videos on YouTube for four main reasons: entertainment, exploration, expertise or ease. YouTube food videos serve the spectrum from inspiration to creation: they're the chef, the teacher and the guide when you most need them".
To this end, brands can take advantage of the burgeoning foodie audience and inspire viewers with creative content, assist them with trips and tricks and align themselves with existing food celebrities.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...