News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
The social network has announced it is testing a new feature that will enable advertisers to sell products directly through advertising, according to a recent blog post.
Facebook's latest blog post, published on Thursday this week, reveals their next step in facilitating ecommerce via the network.
A new ad and post format is being tested that prompts users to click, or tap, a 'Buy' button in ads or posts on their newsfeed. This action will enable them to purchase directly from the retailer without having to leave the social network. Users' credit or debit card information can be stored by Facebook to enable more convenient future purchases, but this is optional.
"We've built this feature with privacy in mind, and have taken steps to help make the payment experience safe and secure," says the Facebook for Business blog post. "None of the credit or debit card information people share with Facebook when completing a transaction will be shared with other advertisers, and people can select whether or not they'd like to save payment information for future purchases."
The trial will initially be limited to a small number of small and medium-size advertisers, the names of which Facebook has not released. However, a graphic on the blog post features Modify Watches and illustrates how the new 'Buy' button will be integrated into a Facebook post.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...