News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
The social network has announced it is testing a new feature that will enable advertisers to sell products directly through advertising, according to a recent blog post.
Facebook's latest blog post, published on Thursday this week, reveals their next step in facilitating ecommerce via the network.
A new ad and post format is being tested that prompts users to click, or tap, a 'Buy' button in ads or posts on their newsfeed. This action will enable them to purchase directly from the retailer without having to leave the social network. Users' credit or debit card information can be stored by Facebook to enable more convenient future purchases, but this is optional.
"We've built this feature with privacy in mind, and have taken steps to help make the payment experience safe and secure," says the Facebook for Business blog post. "None of the credit or debit card information people share with Facebook when completing a transaction will be shared with other advertisers, and people can select whether or not they'd like to save payment information for future purchases."
The trial will initially be limited to a small number of small and medium-size advertisers, the names of which Facebook has not released. However, a graphic on the blog post features Modify Watches and illustrates how the new 'Buy' button will be integrated into a Facebook post.
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
- Top tips to improve ad performance
- Facebook ad revenue and bug bounty increase
- How to properly measure opt-ins to improve campaigns
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...