News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital Shopper Study: 82% research, 55% buy from digital devices
People aren't just buy more online, they're researching. According to new data out from the e-tailing group, comScore and UPS most digital shoppers (82%) are now researching purchases online while 55% are buying online.
As for preferred devices, researchers prefer using desktop/laptop computers (61%) to tablets (11%); digital shoppers also prefer to buy from desktops/laptops over mobile devices, although nearly half say they've now made at least 1 purchase via a mobile device.
Because so many people are both research and shopping online, the e-tailing group suggests retailers will begin pushing more budget dollars into responsive design to provide shoppers a better experience. According to their survey just over half (53%) of retailers say they'll invest in responsive design elements to increase performance.
Meanwhile, new data out from myThings shows the day before a holiday is the biggest shopping day - despite lead-ups and ad campaigns pushing consumers into stores early. According to their data shopping on July 3 outranked other days in the lead-up to America's Independence Day (July 4). On July 3 ecommerce data shows a 15% increase in sales compared to the average decrease in Thursday sales of 4%. Shopping on July 4 decreased 21% as people left computers for barbecues, swimming and fireworks.
Image via Shutterstock
- Big brands' ads found playing before ISIS YouTube videos
- Image-based social networks up their ad game
- Few help desk systems are cloud-based
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...