News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital Shopper Study: 82% research, 55% buy from digital devices
People aren't just buy more online, they're researching. According to new data out from the e-tailing group, comScore and UPS most digital shoppers (82%) are now researching purchases online while 55% are buying online.
As for preferred devices, researchers prefer using desktop/laptop computers (61%) to tablets (11%); digital shoppers also prefer to buy from desktops/laptops over mobile devices, although nearly half say they've now made at least 1 purchase via a mobile device.
Because so many people are both research and shopping online, the e-tailing group suggests retailers will begin pushing more budget dollars into responsive design to provide shoppers a better experience. According to their survey just over half (53%) of retailers say they'll invest in responsive design elements to increase performance.
Meanwhile, new data out from myThings shows the day before a holiday is the biggest shopping day - despite lead-ups and ad campaigns pushing consumers into stores early. According to their data shopping on July 3 outranked other days in the lead-up to America's Independence Day (July 4). On July 3 ecommerce data shows a 15% increase in sales compared to the average decrease in Thursday sales of 4%. Shopping on July 4 decreased 21% as people left computers for barbecues, swimming and fireworks.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...