News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital Shopper Study: 82% research, 55% buy from digital devices
People aren't just buy more online, they're researching. According to new data out from the e-tailing group, comScore and UPS most digital shoppers (82%) are now researching purchases online while 55% are buying online.
As for preferred devices, researchers prefer using desktop/laptop computers (61%) to tablets (11%); digital shoppers also prefer to buy from desktops/laptops over mobile devices, although nearly half say they've now made at least 1 purchase via a mobile device.
Because so many people are both research and shopping online, the e-tailing group suggests retailers will begin pushing more budget dollars into responsive design to provide shoppers a better experience. According to their survey just over half (53%) of retailers say they'll invest in responsive design elements to increase performance.
Meanwhile, new data out from myThings shows the day before a holiday is the biggest shopping day - despite lead-ups and ad campaigns pushing consumers into stores early. According to their data shopping on July 3 outranked other days in the lead-up to America's Independence Day (July 4). On July 3 ecommerce data shows a 15% increase in sales compared to the average decrease in Thursday sales of 4%. Shopping on July 4 decreased 21% as people left computers for barbecues, swimming and fireworks.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile gaming makes people happier than socnets
- Ad Roundup: Experience key to releases, partnerships
- Top 3 SEO strategies to implement now
- 2030 and the death of Britain's town centers
- Buy online, pickup in-store not the 'smooth' process shoppers demand
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a malware offer
- Marketers believe AI will revolutionize industry, but lack understanding
- Expert IDs trends to watch in IT
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...