News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Search spend up in Q1, Q2
For the first half of the year, search marketing is doing very well - with mobile search spending leading the way. According to Covario's new Global Paid Search Spend Analysis the Q2 search spend increased just over 21%; the Q1 spend increased 19%.
Mobile spending is leading the way for search marketers. That is the takeaway from Covario's Q2 search report which should mobile spending nearly doubled between Q2 0f 2013 and Q2 of 2014. In all, the mobile search spend increased 98% YoY with a 6% increase from Q1 to Q2 of this year; mobile platforms are now responsible for about one-quarter of all paid search spending.
The mobile breakdown is 62% to tablets and 38% to smartphones.
As for clickthroughs, it appears more people are clicking PPC ads. According to Covario CTRs for both desktop and mobile devices increased 39% (YoY) with CPCs rising 12% (YoY).
Some other interesting findings include:
• 31% increase in spending for the Americas region YoY
• The Americas increase is credited to increased desktop competition
• EMEA search increased 3% YoY
• APAC spending increased 1% YoY
Google is still pulling in the bulk of search spending (86%, globally) and is responsible for about 73% of impressions and 63% of global clicks.
How might brands capitalize on these search trends?
Alex Funk, director of global paid media strategy, Covario, recommends advertisers, "budget for 10 to 15 percent search spending increases across the Asia/Pacific region, with most of the investment directed toward China, South Korea, Japan, certain South APAC countries, Australia, and New Zealand." He also suggests a 10% to 15% increase for EMEA marketers while brands in the Americas should budget for 15% to 20% PPC increases.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...