News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
Consumer engagement with mobile ads in on the increase, according to a new study by xAd and Telmetrics, with many going on to conduct secondary actions.
In their latest "U.S. Mobile Path-to-Purchase" study, conducted by Nielsen, xAd and Telmetrics' reveals that the number of mobile shoppers who claim mobile ads are informative and helpful has risen from 22% in 2013 to almost 50%.
Furthermore, 40% report clicking on mobile ads and almost half of those went on to conduct a secondary action such as searching for additional information or visiting a website.
According to Telmetrics CEO Bill Dinan, mobile users are becoming more receptive to advertising content on the mobile web and within apps. This is mostly due to the perception among consumers that those ads are relevant and helpful. In addition, coupons and discounts drove engagement, as did location.
"People are becoming more used to ads being there," said Dinan. "People are becoming more engaged with ads. Publishers are trying to figure out how to make ads more relevant. And as a result, we're seeing more of these secondary actions."
Consumers that went on to conduct secondary actions following exposure to a mobile ad were, says the report, likely to want to convert quickly and find businesses in their locality in which to make a purchase. Two-thirds were looking for a business within a five mile radius, and 18% within one mile. Half wanted to make a purchase within an hour and 70% went on to make that purchase.
"By understanding how consumers are engaging with their devices during purchase decisions and throughout the day, brands are able to serve ads that are more relevant, engaging and ultimately more effective, than ever before," said Monica Ho, SVP of marketing at xAd. "Marketers need to closely evaluate how to provide the right value when trying to reach their consumers, either through local relevance, free services, or even convenience."
Image via Shutterstock
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...