News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
By 2017 one quarter of corporate travel will be booked via mobile
Within the next three years a quarter of all online corporate travel bookings will be made via mobile, according to new research from Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
In their new study, 'Tap into Mobile: managed travel in the digital economy', business travel firm Carlson Wagonlit Travel reveals that travelers and travel managers expect a significant rise in bookings made via mobile in the coming years. They predict mobile booking will more than double in the next two years alone.
That rise is not surprising considering around 62% of travelers are already armed with a company smartphone and more than half (56%) of companies surveyed already have, or plan to have, a 'bring your own device' policy in place.
According to Carlson Wagonlit Travel's executive vice president, David Moran, the company have long anticipated the shift to mobile and, as such, "are getting ready to launch new mobile services, such as mobile booking through 'CWT to Go' later this year".
The most important mobile features for travelers are itinerary information, flight status updates and travel alerts, found the study. Furthermore, over half (54%) of all travelers and two-thirds (65%) of travel managers said they consider the ability to book via mobile while on the go "important" or "critical".
However, neither group expect mobile to drive down travel costs, instead placing the travel experience in terms of productivity, ease of doing business and traveler well-being as the key benefits.
Image via Shutterstock
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
- Report: Digital will be strong through holiday season
- Expert: How to ready for speech analytics
- Study: CPG to top $10b this year
- Newspapers go digital but readers continue to pick up a print copy
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...