News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
By 2017 one quarter of corporate travel will be booked via mobile
Within the next three years a quarter of all online corporate travel bookings will be made via mobile, according to new research from Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
In their new study, 'Tap into Mobile: managed travel in the digital economy', business travel firm Carlson Wagonlit Travel reveals that travelers and travel managers expect a significant rise in bookings made via mobile in the coming years. They predict mobile booking will more than double in the next two years alone.
That rise is not surprising considering around 62% of travelers are already armed with a company smartphone and more than half (56%) of companies surveyed already have, or plan to have, a 'bring your own device' policy in place.
According to Carlson Wagonlit Travel's executive vice president, David Moran, the company have long anticipated the shift to mobile and, as such, "are getting ready to launch new mobile services, such as mobile booking through 'CWT to Go' later this year".
The most important mobile features for travelers are itinerary information, flight status updates and travel alerts, found the study. Furthermore, over half (54%) of all travelers and two-thirds (65%) of travel managers said they consider the ability to book via mobile while on the go "important" or "critical".
However, neither group expect mobile to drive down travel costs, instead placing the travel experience in terms of productivity, ease of doing business and traveler well-being as the key benefits.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...