News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
By 2017 one quarter of corporate travel will be booked via mobile
Within the next three years a quarter of all online corporate travel bookings will be made via mobile, according to new research from Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
In their new study, 'Tap into Mobile: managed travel in the digital economy', business travel firm Carlson Wagonlit Travel reveals that travelers and travel managers expect a significant rise in bookings made via mobile in the coming years. They predict mobile booking will more than double in the next two years alone.
That rise is not surprising considering around 62% of travelers are already armed with a company smartphone and more than half (56%) of companies surveyed already have, or plan to have, a 'bring your own device' policy in place.
According to Carlson Wagonlit Travel's executive vice president, David Moran, the company have long anticipated the shift to mobile and, as such, "are getting ready to launch new mobile services, such as mobile booking through 'CWT to Go' later this year".
The most important mobile features for travelers are itinerary information, flight status updates and travel alerts, found the study. Furthermore, over half (54%) of all travelers and two-thirds (65%) of travel managers said they consider the ability to book via mobile while on the go "important" or "critical".
However, neither group expect mobile to drive down travel costs, instead placing the travel experience in terms of productivity, ease of doing business and traveler well-being as the key benefits.
Image via Shutterstock
- The differences between American, European ads and why they matter
- Study: Online video pushing hungry people to burger chains
- Google's HTTPS ranking signal has little to no effect
- 'Huge landmark' as ecommerce mobile traffic overtakes desktop
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...