News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
By 2017 one quarter of corporate travel will be booked via mobile
Within the next three years a quarter of all online corporate travel bookings will be made via mobile, according to new research from Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
In their new study, 'Tap into Mobile: managed travel in the digital economy', business travel firm Carlson Wagonlit Travel reveals that travelers and travel managers expect a significant rise in bookings made via mobile in the coming years. They predict mobile booking will more than double in the next two years alone.
That rise is not surprising considering around 62% of travelers are already armed with a company smartphone and more than half (56%) of companies surveyed already have, or plan to have, a 'bring your own device' policy in place.
According to Carlson Wagonlit Travel's executive vice president, David Moran, the company have long anticipated the shift to mobile and, as such, "are getting ready to launch new mobile services, such as mobile booking through 'CWT to Go' later this year".
The most important mobile features for travelers are itinerary information, flight status updates and travel alerts, found the study. Furthermore, over half (54%) of all travelers and two-thirds (65%) of travel managers said they consider the ability to book via mobile while on the go "important" or "critical".
However, neither group expect mobile to drive down travel costs, instead placing the travel experience in terms of productivity, ease of doing business and traveler well-being as the key benefits.
Image via Shutterstock
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...