News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Budget supermarket tops UK BrandIndex rankings
The latest YouGov BrandIndex rankings reveal a move towards low-cost brands in the UK with budget supermarket Aldi, and the MoneySavingExpert.com, both featuring in the Top 10 for the first time.
In YouGov's mid-year rankings have German discounters Aldi and Lidl in first and fourth place respectively. The appearance of these brands, along with British consumer finance information and discussion website MoneySavingExpert.com, signal that consumers in the UK continue to hold to money-saving behaviors resulting from the recent downturn.
Aldi and Lidl both rank higher than supermarkets Waitrose (ranked 6th) and Sainsbury's (ranked 10th) and Aldi, in first place, ahead of department store John Lewis.
"Consumers want to do their weekly shops affordably while losing nothing in terms of quality, and they believe these German brands do this," says BrandIndex director Sarah Murphy. "The other supermarkets in the top 10 may need to react and adapt to the challenge in order to maintain their place in the hearts and minds of consumers."
The Top 10
2. John Lewis
3. BBC iPlayer
5. Dyson (equal 5th with Waitrose)
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Supermarkets, technology brands' marketing campaigns most effective
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...