News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
B2B study: video spend on the rise
Look for more Business to Business (B2B) companies to invest in video in the coming years. That is the takeaway from a new report out from Demand Metric and Vidyard, which shows already increased spending in video production, and a trend for more B2B brands to push into the video space.
According to the B2B Video Marketing: B2B Benchmarks and Best Practices report most (69%) have used video for campaigns in the past; the remaining 31% say they 'are planning' to implement video in the near future. And, while only about 15% say their video campaigns are 'very successful', nearly two-thirds believe video is at least 'somewhat successful' for their brand.
About half (52%) are using video to increase brand awareness or to increase lead generation (45%) and online engagement (42%).
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 63% of B2B brands are increasing their video spend
• 82% of B2B marketers say video strategies are 'successful'
• One-third plan to 'significantly' increase video budgets in the coming year
• 81% will use branded/company websites for distribution
• 73% will use sharing sites like YouTube for distribution
About two-thirds (66%) say they'll link to video from their email or newsletter campaigns.
As for which channels give the most return, those survyed said the most effective channels were sharing sites like YouTube (26%) while company/branded websites and email/newsletters were found less effective.
The biggest challenges for B2Bers is the lack of budget dollars and in-house resources to create original content. Nearly half (45%) said developing/creating that content was another challenge.
Image via Shutterstock
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...