News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
B2B study: video spend on the rise
Look for more Business to Business (B2B) companies to invest in video in the coming years. That is the takeaway from a new report out from Demand Metric and Vidyard, which shows already increased spending in video production, and a trend for more B2B brands to push into the video space.
According to the B2B Video Marketing: B2B Benchmarks and Best Practices report most (69%) have used video for campaigns in the past; the remaining 31% say they 'are planning' to implement video in the near future. And, while only about 15% say their video campaigns are 'very successful', nearly two-thirds believe video is at least 'somewhat successful' for their brand.
About half (52%) are using video to increase brand awareness or to increase lead generation (45%) and online engagement (42%).
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 63% of B2B brands are increasing their video spend
• 82% of B2B marketers say video strategies are 'successful'
• One-third plan to 'significantly' increase video budgets in the coming year
• 81% will use branded/company websites for distribution
• 73% will use sharing sites like YouTube for distribution
About two-thirds (66%) say they'll link to video from their email or newsletter campaigns.
As for which channels give the most return, those survyed said the most effective channels were sharing sites like YouTube (26%) while company/branded websites and email/newsletters were found less effective.
The biggest challenges for B2Bers is the lack of budget dollars and in-house resources to create original content. Nearly half (45%) said developing/creating that content was another challenge.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...