News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad recall in digital magazines on a par with print
Analysis of reader recall of magazine ads in tablet issues by GfK MRI Starch Advertising Research reveals they achieve the same level of recall as print versions and attract a young and affluent demographic.
In their analysis of 28,624 ads in 805 tablet magazine issues during 2013, GfK MRI Starch Advertising Research found the average level of recall for both digital and print ads was the same at 52%.
For the most 'noted' ads recall rose to over 80%, again the same as the most effective ads in print magazines. Furthermore, almost two-thirds (62%) said interactive features on digital ads helped them to find out more about a product or service.
"We have found that tablet magazine readers not only are engaged with the editorial and advertising content, but that digital ads have the power to grab attention," said Mickey Galin, EVP, GfK Starch Advertising Research. "This speaks to what is most likely unrecognized value in digital magazine advertising, and the ability of tablet ads to raise the effectiveness of print/digital campaigns."
The analysis also revealed that, across the 44 tablet magazine editions involved in the study, nearly half (48%) of readers had household incomes of $75,000 a year or more, and more than half (52%) were young adults (ages 18 to 34).
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...