News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad recall in digital magazines on a par with print
Analysis of reader recall of magazine ads in tablet issues by GfK MRI Starch Advertising Research reveals they achieve the same level of recall as print versions and attract a young and affluent demographic.
In their analysis of 28,624 ads in 805 tablet magazine issues during 2013, GfK MRI Starch Advertising Research found the average level of recall for both digital and print ads was the same at 52%.
For the most 'noted' ads recall rose to over 80%, again the same as the most effective ads in print magazines. Furthermore, almost two-thirds (62%) said interactive features on digital ads helped them to find out more about a product or service.
"We have found that tablet magazine readers not only are engaged with the editorial and advertising content, but that digital ads have the power to grab attention," said Mickey Galin, EVP, GfK Starch Advertising Research. "This speaks to what is most likely unrecognized value in digital magazine advertising, and the ability of tablet ads to raise the effectiveness of print/digital campaigns."
The analysis also revealed that, across the 44 tablet magazine editions involved in the study, nearly half (48%) of readers had household incomes of $75,000 a year or more, and more than half (52%) were young adults (ages 18 to 34).
Image via Shutterstock
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....