News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad recall in digital magazines on a par with print
Analysis of reader recall of magazine ads in tablet issues by GfK MRI Starch Advertising Research reveals they achieve the same level of recall as print versions and attract a young and affluent demographic.
In their analysis of 28,624 ads in 805 tablet magazine issues during 2013, GfK MRI Starch Advertising Research found the average level of recall for both digital and print ads was the same at 52%.
For the most 'noted' ads recall rose to over 80%, again the same as the most effective ads in print magazines. Furthermore, almost two-thirds (62%) said interactive features on digital ads helped them to find out more about a product or service.
"We have found that tablet magazine readers not only are engaged with the editorial and advertising content, but that digital ads have the power to grab attention," said Mickey Galin, EVP, GfK Starch Advertising Research. "This speaks to what is most likely unrecognized value in digital magazine advertising, and the ability of tablet ads to raise the effectiveness of print/digital campaigns."
The analysis also revealed that, across the 44 tablet magazine editions involved in the study, nearly half (48%) of readers had household incomes of $75,000 a year or more, and more than half (52%) were young adults (ages 18 to 34).
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...