News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad recall in digital magazines on a par with print
Analysis of reader recall of magazine ads in tablet issues by GfK MRI Starch Advertising Research reveals they achieve the same level of recall as print versions and attract a young and affluent demographic.
In their analysis of 28,624 ads in 805 tablet magazine issues during 2013, GfK MRI Starch Advertising Research found the average level of recall for both digital and print ads was the same at 52%.
For the most 'noted' ads recall rose to over 80%, again the same as the most effective ads in print magazines. Furthermore, almost two-thirds (62%) said interactive features on digital ads helped them to find out more about a product or service.
"We have found that tablet magazine readers not only are engaged with the editorial and advertising content, but that digital ads have the power to grab attention," said Mickey Galin, EVP, GfK Starch Advertising Research. "This speaks to what is most likely unrecognized value in digital magazine advertising, and the ability of tablet ads to raise the effectiveness of print/digital campaigns."
The analysis also revealed that, across the 44 tablet magazine editions involved in the study, nearly half (48%) of readers had household incomes of $75,000 a year or more, and more than half (52%) were young adults (ages 18 to 34).
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: SMBs getting out the vote
- Research reveals number of mobile loyalty schemes to double by 2020
- Laptops more popular than mobile for travel research
- Super Bowl: 82% of searches driven by TV ads made on mobile
- Super Bowl winners and losers
- Report: Time spent on mobile skewing to apps
- Study: Loyalty higher for mall-wide programs
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
Featured White Papers
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...