News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
Mobile devices accounted for almost half of all traffic to travel websites in June this year, according to recent figures released by digital consultancy Nucleus.
Based on their finding that 43% of all traffic to travel websites in June this year came from a mobile device, compared to 32% a year ago, Nucleus forecasts that mobile will represent the majority of travel website traffic by the start of next year.
However, among luxury travel websites, some are already experiencing more than half of traffic (55.4%) coming from a smartphone or tablet.
The 'Nucleus Mobile Web Browsing Report' found mobile booking values are also rising. Smartphone booking value is up 198% YoY, tablet booking value up 17% and PC 15%. Together, smartphone and tablet booking now represent 19% of all online revenue.
However, improvements need to be made in implementing responsive web design within the travel sector.
According to Nucleus, "Despite irrefutable evidence that users are shifting to mobile in ever-greater numbers and Google going public about penalizing mobile-unfriendly sites, the travel sector still lags when it comes to implementing responsive web design. The Internet Advertising Bureau found in their 2013 Travel Audit that only 48% of travel companies had a mobile optimized site and just 4% used responsive website design".
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...