News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
Mobile devices accounted for almost half of all traffic to travel websites in June this year, according to recent figures released by digital consultancy Nucleus.
Based on their finding that 43% of all traffic to travel websites in June this year came from a mobile device, compared to 32% a year ago, Nucleus forecasts that mobile will represent the majority of travel website traffic by the start of next year.
However, among luxury travel websites, some are already experiencing more than half of traffic (55.4%) coming from a smartphone or tablet.
The 'Nucleus Mobile Web Browsing Report' found mobile booking values are also rising. Smartphone booking value is up 198% YoY, tablet booking value up 17% and PC 15%. Together, smartphone and tablet booking now represent 19% of all online revenue.
However, improvements need to be made in implementing responsive web design within the travel sector.
According to Nucleus, "Despite irrefutable evidence that users are shifting to mobile in ever-greater numbers and Google going public about penalizing mobile-unfriendly sites, the travel sector still lags when it comes to implementing responsive web design. The Internet Advertising Bureau found in their 2013 Travel Audit that only 48% of travel companies had a mobile optimized site and just 4% used responsive website design".
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...