News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
Mobile devices accounted for almost half of all traffic to travel websites in June this year, according to recent figures released by digital consultancy Nucleus.
Based on their finding that 43% of all traffic to travel websites in June this year came from a mobile device, compared to 32% a year ago, Nucleus forecasts that mobile will represent the majority of travel website traffic by the start of next year.
However, among luxury travel websites, some are already experiencing more than half of traffic (55.4%) coming from a smartphone or tablet.
The 'Nucleus Mobile Web Browsing Report' found mobile booking values are also rising. Smartphone booking value is up 198% YoY, tablet booking value up 17% and PC 15%. Together, smartphone and tablet booking now represent 19% of all online revenue.
However, improvements need to be made in implementing responsive web design within the travel sector.
According to Nucleus, "Despite irrefutable evidence that users are shifting to mobile in ever-greater numbers and Google going public about penalizing mobile-unfriendly sites, the travel sector still lags when it comes to implementing responsive web design. The Internet Advertising Bureau found in their 2013 Travel Audit that only 48% of travel companies had a mobile optimized site and just 4% used responsive website design".
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...