News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
Mobile devices accounted for almost half of all traffic to travel websites in June this year, according to recent figures released by digital consultancy Nucleus.
Based on their finding that 43% of all traffic to travel websites in June this year came from a mobile device, compared to 32% a year ago, Nucleus forecasts that mobile will represent the majority of travel website traffic by the start of next year.
However, among luxury travel websites, some are already experiencing more than half of traffic (55.4%) coming from a smartphone or tablet.
The 'Nucleus Mobile Web Browsing Report' found mobile booking values are also rising. Smartphone booking value is up 198% YoY, tablet booking value up 17% and PC 15%. Together, smartphone and tablet booking now represent 19% of all online revenue.
However, improvements need to be made in implementing responsive web design within the travel sector.
According to Nucleus, "Despite irrefutable evidence that users are shifting to mobile in ever-greater numbers and Google going public about penalizing mobile-unfriendly sites, the travel sector still lags when it comes to implementing responsive web design. The Internet Advertising Bureau found in their 2013 Travel Audit that only 48% of travel companies had a mobile optimized site and just 4% used responsive website design".
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...