News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
Mobile devices accounted for almost half of all traffic to travel websites in June this year, according to recent figures released by digital consultancy Nucleus.
Based on their finding that 43% of all traffic to travel websites in June this year came from a mobile device, compared to 32% a year ago, Nucleus forecasts that mobile will represent the majority of travel website traffic by the start of next year.
However, among luxury travel websites, some are already experiencing more than half of traffic (55.4%) coming from a smartphone or tablet.
The 'Nucleus Mobile Web Browsing Report' found mobile booking values are also rising. Smartphone booking value is up 198% YoY, tablet booking value up 17% and PC 15%. Together, smartphone and tablet booking now represent 19% of all online revenue.
However, improvements need to be made in implementing responsive web design within the travel sector.
According to Nucleus, "Despite irrefutable evidence that users are shifting to mobile in ever-greater numbers and Google going public about penalizing mobile-unfriendly sites, the travel sector still lags when it comes to implementing responsive web design. The Internet Advertising Bureau found in their 2013 Travel Audit that only 48% of travel companies had a mobile optimized site and just 4% used responsive website design".
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...