News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 4 consumers use mobile as their exclusive shopping research tool
One in four UK consumers now use their mobile device as their exclusive shopping research tool, according to a new study released by global location ad platform xAd.
The smartphone is becoming an indispensable part of everyday life, including socializing, banking, booking a restaurant and, as xAd's 2nd Annual UK 'Mobile Path-to-Purchase Study' reveals, researching purchases.
The study was based on Nielsen-sourced responses from more than 2,000 UK smartphone and tablet users and reveals that 46% now use mobile devices as their primary tool for purchase decision making while 25% use mobile devices as their exclusive research tool.
This behavior, says Monica Ho, SVP of marketing at xAd, "creates a significant opportunity for brands to reach consumers, drive in-store foot traffic and ultimately influence their purchases".
The study also reveals that mobile is just one part of an overall shopping experience with 31% of consumers visiting a physical store during their research. Furthermore, mobile is being used to find store locations and information on retailers. Most mobile activity takes place at the start of the consumer's path-to-purchase (56%) at a time when less than 20% know exactly what they are looking for. That leaves 20% open to influence.
As with online shopping, price is a major influencer. Three out of four consumers use their mobile devices to compare prices and 39% make purchases because the price was right.
"Our study confirms that mobile is a powerful part of today's consumer purchase process and underlines the growing opportunity for advertisers to reach this ready to buy audience," said Bill Dinan, president of Telmetrics. "Advertisers that capture mobile metrics can improve their understanding of how shoppers interact with mobile devices throughout the buying cycle and empower their ad programmes to reach consumers when they are most open to influence."
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...