News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Summer travelers looking online
School is out for nearly all of us in the US. That means parents and young adults are looking up hotspots for summer vacation travel. And, according to new data out from Yahoo, they aren't just calling a travel agent or using their PC to find the perfect vacation spot.
About 70% of Americans will head out on a summer vacation over the next two months, and according to new data out from Yahoo 84% of travelers are researching destinations, accommodations and planning out trips across online screens. Yahoo's data shows:
• 84% of travel consumers research trips online
• 67% book travel plans via PC/laptop, 15% via smartphone and 13% via tablet
• 91% of travelers will stay within US borders
• 62% research trips after watching travel videos online
• 66% say brand names influence where they will stay and how they will travel
Meanwhile, data out from comScore indicates mobile is key for travelers in the UK and Germany. Their data shows mobile travel commerce is up about 39% Year over Year; in March 2014 about 700,000 Germans purchased airline tickets or hotel stays via mobile devices. Meanwhile, in the UK, travel-minded consumers are using multiple devices to research and book vacations and even business trips. The data shows:
• 33% of UK residents use PCs, 42% are using PC and mobile devices while 35% are mobile only
• 50% use PCs, 47% contact online travel agents for travel details/research
• Nearly one-quarter use both PC and mobile device for travel research
Image via Shutterstock
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...