News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Summer travelers looking online
School is out for nearly all of us in the US. That means parents and young adults are looking up hotspots for summer vacation travel. And, according to new data out from Yahoo, they aren't just calling a travel agent or using their PC to find the perfect vacation spot.
About 70% of Americans will head out on a summer vacation over the next two months, and according to new data out from Yahoo 84% of travelers are researching destinations, accommodations and planning out trips across online screens. Yahoo's data shows:
• 84% of travel consumers research trips online
• 67% book travel plans via PC/laptop, 15% via smartphone and 13% via tablet
• 91% of travelers will stay within US borders
• 62% research trips after watching travel videos online
• 66% say brand names influence where they will stay and how they will travel
Meanwhile, data out from comScore indicates mobile is key for travelers in the UK and Germany. Their data shows mobile travel commerce is up about 39% Year over Year; in March 2014 about 700,000 Germans purchased airline tickets or hotel stays via mobile devices. Meanwhile, in the UK, travel-minded consumers are using multiple devices to research and book vacations and even business trips. The data shows:
• 33% of UK residents use PCs, 42% are using PC and mobile devices while 35% are mobile only
• 50% use PCs, 47% contact online travel agents for travel details/research
• Nearly one-quarter use both PC and mobile device for travel research
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....