News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Summer travelers looking online
School is out for nearly all of us in the US. That means parents and young adults are looking up hotspots for summer vacation travel. And, according to new data out from Yahoo, they aren't just calling a travel agent or using their PC to find the perfect vacation spot.
About 70% of Americans will head out on a summer vacation over the next two months, and according to new data out from Yahoo 84% of travelers are researching destinations, accommodations and planning out trips across online screens. Yahoo's data shows:
• 84% of travel consumers research trips online
• 67% book travel plans via PC/laptop, 15% via smartphone and 13% via tablet
• 91% of travelers will stay within US borders
• 62% research trips after watching travel videos online
• 66% say brand names influence where they will stay and how they will travel
Meanwhile, data out from comScore indicates mobile is key for travelers in the UK and Germany. Their data shows mobile travel commerce is up about 39% Year over Year; in March 2014 about 700,000 Germans purchased airline tickets or hotel stays via mobile devices. Meanwhile, in the UK, travel-minded consumers are using multiple devices to research and book vacations and even business trips. The data shows:
• 33% of UK residents use PCs, 42% are using PC and mobile devices while 35% are mobile only
• 50% use PCs, 47% contact online travel agents for travel details/research
• Nearly one-quarter use both PC and mobile device for travel research
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...