News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Summer travelers looking online
School is out for nearly all of us in the US. That means parents and young adults are looking up hotspots for summer vacation travel. And, according to new data out from Yahoo, they aren't just calling a travel agent or using their PC to find the perfect vacation spot.
About 70% of Americans will head out on a summer vacation over the next two months, and according to new data out from Yahoo 84% of travelers are researching destinations, accommodations and planning out trips across online screens. Yahoo's data shows:
• 84% of travel consumers research trips online
• 67% book travel plans via PC/laptop, 15% via smartphone and 13% via tablet
• 91% of travelers will stay within US borders
• 62% research trips after watching travel videos online
• 66% say brand names influence where they will stay and how they will travel
Meanwhile, data out from comScore indicates mobile is key for travelers in the UK and Germany. Their data shows mobile travel commerce is up about 39% Year over Year; in March 2014 about 700,000 Germans purchased airline tickets or hotel stays via mobile devices. Meanwhile, in the UK, travel-minded consumers are using multiple devices to research and book vacations and even business trips. The data shows:
• 33% of UK residents use PCs, 42% are using PC and mobile devices while 35% are mobile only
• 50% use PCs, 47% contact online travel agents for travel details/research
• Nearly one-quarter use both PC and mobile device for travel research
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey IDs best cities for small businesses
- Expert IDs trends to watch in mobile video
- Researchers developing a super-adblocker
- Expert: How retailers can improve tentpole events
- With rise of connected Gen Y, retailers must be fit for the future
- Gaming video content audiences exceed those of HBO and ESPN
- Apple Pay adoption and use continues to wane
- Study: Mobile becoming a loyalty draw
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...