News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Summer travelers looking online
School is out for nearly all of us in the US. That means parents and young adults are looking up hotspots for summer vacation travel. And, according to new data out from Yahoo, they aren't just calling a travel agent or using their PC to find the perfect vacation spot.
About 70% of Americans will head out on a summer vacation over the next two months, and according to new data out from Yahoo 84% of travelers are researching destinations, accommodations and planning out trips across online screens. Yahoo's data shows:
• 84% of travel consumers research trips online
• 67% book travel plans via PC/laptop, 15% via smartphone and 13% via tablet
• 91% of travelers will stay within US borders
• 62% research trips after watching travel videos online
• 66% say brand names influence where they will stay and how they will travel
Meanwhile, data out from comScore indicates mobile is key for travelers in the UK and Germany. Their data shows mobile travel commerce is up about 39% Year over Year; in March 2014 about 700,000 Germans purchased airline tickets or hotel stays via mobile devices. Meanwhile, in the UK, travel-minded consumers are using multiple devices to research and book vacations and even business trips. The data shows:
• 33% of UK residents use PCs, 42% are using PC and mobile devices while 35% are mobile only
• 50% use PCs, 47% contact online travel agents for travel details/research
• Nearly one-quarter use both PC and mobile device for travel research
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...