News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twilio release brings SMS to 800 numbers
Most businesses still employ 800 numbers so that their distant customers can call without any charges. Cloud-based software hub Twilio is releasing an SMS tool which allows users to text using those toll free numbers. Both existing 800 numbers and new Twilio numbers will be used in the system.
"Along with voice, email and chat communications, SMS has become an additional and often preferred communication channel for the growing community of mobile users. Customers today want to leverage SMS to do everything from inquiring about the status of a delivery to texting for listing information on a house they're interested in purchasing. Customers want to leverage SMS as a primary form of communication," said Jeff Lawson, Twilio co-founder and CEO of Twilio. "As businesses look to create a modern experience that matches the expectations of their customers, these types of advances in the Twilio platform help businesses meet those expectations. We can't wait to see what businesses will build next with this new capability."
Most people think of toll free numbers as a way to call or talk to a business without any charges; a new release from Twilio will change part of that. Because users will now be able to text messages to 800 numbers via SMS. Using the platform businesses can:
• Obtain as many toll free numbers as they need
• Use SMS based text on existing numbers or new Twilio toll free numbers
• Provide live and automated customer service via text
• Reduce wait times for call center calls
• Allow users and call center agents to switch between voice and text as needed
Image via Shutterstock
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...