News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TrackMaven: Facebook engagement rises after work and at weekends
In order to boost engagement and viewability of Facebook posts, businesses should post outside of work hours or at the weekend, according to new research from TrackMaven.
Facebook posts get more attention and engagement when posted after the end of work (5pm) and at weekends. This finding appears to reflect simple common sense, after all most people can't or don't access the social network for any great amount of time during the working day and are more able to engage in the evenings and weekends.
TrackMaven's study of 5,800 Facebook Pages and almost 1.6 million posts simply reflects and affirms this user behavior. During the working week engagement rates were higher after the end of the working day - between 5pm and 1am.
Furthermore, with Facebook posts dropping in frequency over the weekend, users experience a less crowded environment and are more likely to be able to focus on those posts that appear in their newsfeed. TrackMaven found that average engagement was much higher at the weekend.
- Posts received an average 2.27 engagements (defined as Likes, comments and shares) on weekdays;
- On Sundays, engagements rose to 2.72 per post;
- Post activity was highest on Thursday, accounting for 16.82% of posts;
- Only 9.04% of posts are published on Sunday;
- Most businesses post between 8am and 5pm with average engagement of 2.24;
- After-hours posts see increased engagement of 2.49.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....