News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TrackMaven: Facebook engagement rises after work and at weekends
In order to boost engagement and viewability of Facebook posts, businesses should post outside of work hours or at the weekend, according to new research from TrackMaven.
Facebook posts get more attention and engagement when posted after the end of work (5pm) and at weekends. This finding appears to reflect simple common sense, after all most people can't or don't access the social network for any great amount of time during the working day and are more able to engage in the evenings and weekends.
TrackMaven's study of 5,800 Facebook Pages and almost 1.6 million posts simply reflects and affirms this user behavior. During the working week engagement rates were higher after the end of the working day - between 5pm and 1am.
Furthermore, with Facebook posts dropping in frequency over the weekend, users experience a less crowded environment and are more likely to be able to focus on those posts that appear in their newsfeed. TrackMaven found that average engagement was much higher at the weekend.
- Posts received an average 2.27 engagements (defined as Likes, comments and shares) on weekdays;
- On Sundays, engagements rose to 2.72 per post;
- Post activity was highest on Thursday, accounting for 16.82% of posts;
- Only 9.04% of posts are published on Sunday;
- Most businesses post between 8am and 5pm with average engagement of 2.24;
- After-hours posts see increased engagement of 2.49.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...