News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TrackMaven: Facebook engagement rises after work and at weekends
In order to boost engagement and viewability of Facebook posts, businesses should post outside of work hours or at the weekend, according to new research from TrackMaven.
Facebook posts get more attention and engagement when posted after the end of work (5pm) and at weekends. This finding appears to reflect simple common sense, after all most people can't or don't access the social network for any great amount of time during the working day and are more able to engage in the evenings and weekends.
TrackMaven's study of 5,800 Facebook Pages and almost 1.6 million posts simply reflects and affirms this user behavior. During the working week engagement rates were higher after the end of the working day - between 5pm and 1am.
Furthermore, with Facebook posts dropping in frequency over the weekend, users experience a less crowded environment and are more likely to be able to focus on those posts that appear in their newsfeed. TrackMaven found that average engagement was much higher at the weekend.
- Posts received an average 2.27 engagements (defined as Likes, comments and shares) on weekdays;
- On Sundays, engagements rose to 2.72 per post;
- Post activity was highest on Thursday, accounting for 16.82% of posts;
- Only 9.04% of posts are published on Sunday;
- Most businesses post between 8am and 5pm with average engagement of 2.24;
- After-hours posts see increased engagement of 2.49.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...