News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TrackMaven: Facebook engagement rises after work and at weekends
In order to boost engagement and viewability of Facebook posts, businesses should post outside of work hours or at the weekend, according to new research from TrackMaven.
Facebook posts get more attention and engagement when posted after the end of work (5pm) and at weekends. This finding appears to reflect simple common sense, after all most people can't or don't access the social network for any great amount of time during the working day and are more able to engage in the evenings and weekends.
TrackMaven's study of 5,800 Facebook Pages and almost 1.6 million posts simply reflects and affirms this user behavior. During the working week engagement rates were higher after the end of the working day - between 5pm and 1am.
Furthermore, with Facebook posts dropping in frequency over the weekend, users experience a less crowded environment and are more likely to be able to focus on those posts that appear in their newsfeed. TrackMaven found that average engagement was much higher at the weekend.
- Posts received an average 2.27 engagements (defined as Likes, comments and shares) on weekdays;
- On Sundays, engagements rose to 2.72 per post;
- Post activity was highest on Thursday, accounting for 16.82% of posts;
- Only 9.04% of posts are published on Sunday;
- Most businesses post between 8am and 5pm with average engagement of 2.24;
- After-hours posts see increased engagement of 2.49.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
- Study: Half of parents frustrated by BTS shopping
- How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
- Intent HQ: Consumers want brands to be honest and transparent about data collection
- Forecast: 250 million smart wearables in use by 2018
- Ad Roundup: Making mobile, social, video simpler
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...