News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TrackMaven: Facebook engagement rises after work and at weekends
In order to boost engagement and viewability of Facebook posts, businesses should post outside of work hours or at the weekend, according to new research from TrackMaven.
Facebook posts get more attention and engagement when posted after the end of work (5pm) and at weekends. This finding appears to reflect simple common sense, after all most people can't or don't access the social network for any great amount of time during the working day and are more able to engage in the evenings and weekends.
TrackMaven's study of 5,800 Facebook Pages and almost 1.6 million posts simply reflects and affirms this user behavior. During the working week engagement rates were higher after the end of the working day - between 5pm and 1am.
Furthermore, with Facebook posts dropping in frequency over the weekend, users experience a less crowded environment and are more likely to be able to focus on those posts that appear in their newsfeed. TrackMaven found that average engagement was much higher at the weekend.
- Posts received an average 2.27 engagements (defined as Likes, comments and shares) on weekdays;
- On Sundays, engagements rose to 2.72 per post;
- Post activity was highest on Thursday, accounting for 16.82% of posts;
- Only 9.04% of posts are published on Sunday;
- Most businesses post between 8am and 5pm with average engagement of 2.24;
- After-hours posts see increased engagement of 2.49.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...