News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 5 tips to improve online experiences
To consistently deliver meaningful, relevant customer experiences, brands must understand not only what the shopper is looking for, but what they may have purchased last week and how this purchase will ease their situation. And that is made more difficult because shoppers are using multiple devices during their journeys, making it difficult to anticipate next steps or provide a relevant, personalized experience.
Kristina: Why is contextualization so important in the customer experience, and why specifically when it comes to the Web?
Paige O'Neill, CMO, SDL: Across all interactive efforts, context drives the engagement and value of customer interactions.
When it comes to the Web, marketers need the ability to capture and apply data-driven insights, which are generated when consumers visit a brand's Web and mobile sites. Then, a wide variety of contextual information can be brokered to offer consumers immediate and actionable options and relevant offerings depending on the device used, time of day, language, browsing history and various other contexts, to always deliver an optimized customer experience.
Kristina: What challenges do brands face in achieving the desired level of contextualization to Web visitors?
Paige: Organizations often rely on multiple technologies to provide the relevant data points needed to drive the customer experience. However, these systems often lack seamless integration with each other, resulting in ineffective and sporadic campaign approaches along with a disjointed brand experience.
Kristina: How can organizations overcome these obstacles to provide hyper-relevant Web experiences to consumers?
Paige: To provide hyper-relevant Web experiences to consumers, brands need access to the full context of every customer interaction in one place. Even more, data should be leveraged to customize each interaction and meet the individual needs of the customer, ultimately building brand loyalty for the enterprise. To accomplish this, brands must:
• Use a shared, data-driven approach to enable marketers to easily deliver great experiences for both known and anonymous visitors;
• Create optimized experiences through continuous, automatic interaction cycles;
• Deliver contextually relevant experiences while leveraging content, rich media and data from the widest array of sources;
• Leverage a shared Context layer that captures, interprets and anticipates contextual visitor behavior that is crucial for an optimized online experience;
• Act on customer insight from historical, social and behavioral data to engage customers one-to-one across multiple channels, languages and devices.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...