News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer service
Shoppers have more options than ever to get the products they want as the price they want, which can put retailers at a disadvantage. Unless retailers use their service to reach out to build customer loyalty. Here's how:
Kristina: What trends are you seeing in customer service?
Sarah Lahav, CEO, SysAid: For corporate service providers such as IT, facilities, HR etc. the biggest challenge is understanding and meeting employee expectations around service delivery and service. Employee consumer experiences have raised the bar for customer support and customer service no matter if you work in IT or in any other business function.
Kristina: How can businesses better embrace social to answer some customer service needs?
Sarah: Ultimately the use and benefits of social support depends on the company culture and individual preferences. However, support organizations have to at least recognize the fact that communication and support channels will now need to include a mix of telephone, email, chat, social media, self-service and community-based support.
Kristina: What are your top 3 tips to creating lasting customer service and loyal customers?
Sarah: I always recommend following a simple process to deliver lasting customer service:
• Speak to your customers - to get an appreciation of what currently works, what doesn't work and whether you are currently missing some customer wants and needs.
• Speak to more customers - offer up proposed improvements and where appropriate the associated costs, to ascertain what should be approved based on available resources.
• Deliver against their needs, and then start back at point one.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...