News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer service
Shoppers have more options than ever to get the products they want as the price they want, which can put retailers at a disadvantage. Unless retailers use their service to reach out to build customer loyalty. Here's how:
Kristina: What trends are you seeing in customer service?
Sarah Lahav, CEO, SysAid: For corporate service providers such as IT, facilities, HR etc. the biggest challenge is understanding and meeting employee expectations around service delivery and service. Employee consumer experiences have raised the bar for customer support and customer service no matter if you work in IT or in any other business function.
Kristina: How can businesses better embrace social to answer some customer service needs?
Sarah: Ultimately the use and benefits of social support depends on the company culture and individual preferences. However, support organizations have to at least recognize the fact that communication and support channels will now need to include a mix of telephone, email, chat, social media, self-service and community-based support.
Kristina: What are your top 3 tips to creating lasting customer service and loyal customers?
Sarah: I always recommend following a simple process to deliver lasting customer service:
• Speak to your customers - to get an appreciation of what currently works, what doesn't work and whether you are currently missing some customer wants and needs.
• Speak to more customers - offer up proposed improvements and where appropriate the associated costs, to ascertain what should be approved based on available resources.
• Deliver against their needs, and then start back at point one.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...