News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to implement strong one-to-one campaigns
One-to-one marketing is the strategy marketers use to develop more personalized, meaningful and engaging relationships with consumers. Customers have become overwhelmed by marketing messages, so marketers need to find a way to provide more personalized interactions that resonate with customers.
Kristina: Why is one to one marketing so important for online brands?
Loretta Jones, VP of Marketing, Insightly: By analyzing data such as calls to customer service, location, personal information and order history, marketers can identify opportunities that build and strengthen relationships between brands and consumers.
Kristina: What are your top 3 tips for implementing 1-to-1 tactics?
Loretta: As a marketer, I want loyal and satisfied customers. The trick for small businesses like Insightly is to come up with effective, affordable programs that improve our relationship with our customers. We have hundreds of thousands of customers, so it can be a challenge to find ways to give each individual that one-to-one experience. Companies with a similar business model can implement these tactics, measure their return and customer feedback, and adjust accordingly to optimize each program. Here are a few ideas:
• Nurturing email campaigns allow companies to insert personalized or customized messages into regular communications, such as monthly bills or newsletters, and help build more meaningful relationships.
• Another way to quickly engage and interact with customers is through social media. We respond to individual inquiries from customers to help solve service issues in a timely fashion and assure our customers that we're listening.
• Analyze how your customer interacts with the application and then feed this information to your product group so that it is top of mind as they add new product features.
Kristina: Is this strategy budget friendly? Why?
Loretta: It's possible for companies to implement one-to-one marketing strategies that allow brands to connect with customers at a low cost, but on a mass scale. Email marketing has a return on investment of 4,300 percent, meaning even a small investment in an email campaign will yield significant results and impact to the business. This is ideal for small businesses that don't always have a substantial marketing budget, if any.
More from Loretta and Insightly next week, including how one-to-one marketing can increase loyalty.
Image via Shutterstock
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
- Study: Top retailers failing at email
- Study: Most shoppers engage via mobile before hitting stores
- Report: CPG brands reinvest in RTB
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...