News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to fine-tune holiday emails now
2014 holidays may still be 5+ months away, but summer is a key time for online merchants. During the summer merchant can test messaging, subject lines and email designs. Campaigner is sharing their top 3 tips that will help merchant fine-tune holiday campaigns now - before the holiday rush.
First, get responsive design. Campaigner's experts believe summer is the key time to review responsive design strategies for email campaigns because it offers time to upgrade, tweak and improve campaign designs.
"If you've previously sent non-responsive emails, your customers are likely waiting to open them on their home or desktop computer. Encourage mobile interaction by using engaging subject lines to compel your audience to engage on the go. Reset expectations and show that your content is mobile-friendly. This will increase mobile activity and is incredibly important to establish prior to the holiday season," advises Campaigner's experts.
Second, test, test, test.
"Once you've crafted new content, subject lines and various other experiments, test them. Create an A/B split test on multiple subject lines and then watch in real time as variations go head-to-head to quickly see which email campaign performs the best. Use A/B testing to validate new design, calls-to-action, limited time offers, etc. in order to provide more meaningful metrics, optimize reader communication and improve conversion rates.
Finally, streamline the content being offered. Consider the audience and what they will find most relevant about not only the products but the offers to be included in the campaign.
"Mobile users will be expecting streamlined, easily accessed content within promotional emails. No one wants to read pages of text on a small screen - nearly 22% [of survey respondents] said that too much text or hard to read text irritates them most about marketing emails on mobile devices - so shorten and simplify your message," says Campaigner.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...