News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for SMBs headed digital
More small businesses are finding a niche online, but for some there are missteps along the way. Huzzah Media offers their top three tips for SMBs headed digital.
"For SMBs today, particularly those on Main Street, going digital can be a daunting task - in fact our recent study found that seven in 10 say time and cost restraints prohibit them from improving their online presence," said Lance Brown, vice president of product development for Huzzah Media. "The truth is businesses that understand how to approach their online program will be better poised to compete and thrive. As overwhelming as it may seem, there are simple things small business owners can do to get started today."
First, take it social. "Establish and maintain your key social network platforms, like Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Customers want to engage with brands beyond where they are being sold to, so social media is a great way to stay engaged and show your store's personality. Remember to keep up with them or you risk losing momentum you have when you set them up," advise the Huzzah experts.
Second, reward your locals. Rewards programs are known for building loyal, return customers - if the rewards are relevant to that shopper. So reward local shoppers with special savings passes, offers and more that will bring them back to your store.
Finally, start with the website and don't forget mobile. Make websites simple to navigate, filled with relevant information for your shoppers; while building the website, don't forget about mobile viewability. And, says Huzzah, consider a mobile app.
"With an app, you can more easily let your customers know about discounts, deals and exclusive offers. As well as use it to track and send invoices and do business on the go. For some, like Blade Runners Commercial Landscaping, it has resulted in big returns," say the experts.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....