News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for SMBs headed digital
More small businesses are finding a niche online, but for some there are missteps along the way. Huzzah Media offers their top three tips for SMBs headed digital.
"For SMBs today, particularly those on Main Street, going digital can be a daunting task - in fact our recent study found that seven in 10 say time and cost restraints prohibit them from improving their online presence," said Lance Brown, vice president of product development for Huzzah Media. "The truth is businesses that understand how to approach their online program will be better poised to compete and thrive. As overwhelming as it may seem, there are simple things small business owners can do to get started today."
First, take it social. "Establish and maintain your key social network platforms, like Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Customers want to engage with brands beyond where they are being sold to, so social media is a great way to stay engaged and show your store's personality. Remember to keep up with them or you risk losing momentum you have when you set them up," advise the Huzzah experts.
Second, reward your locals. Rewards programs are known for building loyal, return customers - if the rewards are relevant to that shopper. So reward local shoppers with special savings passes, offers and more that will bring them back to your store.
Finally, start with the website and don't forget mobile. Make websites simple to navigate, filled with relevant information for your shoppers; while building the website, don't forget about mobile viewability. And, says Huzzah, consider a mobile app.
"With an app, you can more easily let your customers know about discounts, deals and exclusive offers. As well as use it to track and send invoices and do business on the go. For some, like Blade Runners Commercial Landscaping, it has resulted in big returns," say the experts.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...