News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for SMBs headed digital
More small businesses are finding a niche online, but for some there are missteps along the way. Huzzah Media offers their top three tips for SMBs headed digital.
"For SMBs today, particularly those on Main Street, going digital can be a daunting task - in fact our recent study found that seven in 10 say time and cost restraints prohibit them from improving their online presence," said Lance Brown, vice president of product development for Huzzah Media. "The truth is businesses that understand how to approach their online program will be better poised to compete and thrive. As overwhelming as it may seem, there are simple things small business owners can do to get started today."
First, take it social. "Establish and maintain your key social network platforms, like Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Customers want to engage with brands beyond where they are being sold to, so social media is a great way to stay engaged and show your store's personality. Remember to keep up with them or you risk losing momentum you have when you set them up," advise the Huzzah experts.
Second, reward your locals. Rewards programs are known for building loyal, return customers - if the rewards are relevant to that shopper. So reward local shoppers with special savings passes, offers and more that will bring them back to your store.
Finally, start with the website and don't forget mobile. Make websites simple to navigate, filled with relevant information for your shoppers; while building the website, don't forget about mobile viewability. And, says Huzzah, consider a mobile app.
"With an app, you can more easily let your customers know about discounts, deals and exclusive offers. As well as use it to track and send invoices and do business on the go. For some, like Blade Runners Commercial Landscaping, it has resulted in big returns," say the experts.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...