News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for SMBs headed digital
More small businesses are finding a niche online, but for some there are missteps along the way. Huzzah Media offers their top three tips for SMBs headed digital.
"For SMBs today, particularly those on Main Street, going digital can be a daunting task - in fact our recent study found that seven in 10 say time and cost restraints prohibit them from improving their online presence," said Lance Brown, vice president of product development for Huzzah Media. "The truth is businesses that understand how to approach their online program will be better poised to compete and thrive. As overwhelming as it may seem, there are simple things small business owners can do to get started today."
First, take it social. "Establish and maintain your key social network platforms, like Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Customers want to engage with brands beyond where they are being sold to, so social media is a great way to stay engaged and show your store's personality. Remember to keep up with them or you risk losing momentum you have when you set them up," advise the Huzzah experts.
Second, reward your locals. Rewards programs are known for building loyal, return customers - if the rewards are relevant to that shopper. So reward local shoppers with special savings passes, offers and more that will bring them back to your store.
Finally, start with the website and don't forget mobile. Make websites simple to navigate, filled with relevant information for your shoppers; while building the website, don't forget about mobile viewability. And, says Huzzah, consider a mobile app.
"With an app, you can more easily let your customers know about discounts, deals and exclusive offers. As well as use it to track and send invoices and do business on the go. For some, like Blade Runners Commercial Landscaping, it has resulted in big returns," say the experts.
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...