News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Retailers find cross device opps a challenge
Consumer data is making targeting and retargeting customers simpler for many retailers, but there are still challenges. Chief among them: the wealth of data. According to a new myThings survey retailers are succeeding with some data usage like retargeting, but in other areas - like programmatic buying and mobile retargeting.
myThings surveyed more than 100 top European and North American retailers in May to learn how data and ecommerce is changing their world. The research shows retargeted ad spending is trending high for many retailers while the sheer wealth of data is causing some to falter. Here are some key takeaways:
• 4% say they'll reduce retargeting budgets in 2014
• 70% say they'll increase or maintain retargeting budgets
• 40% say they use data to maximize customer value
• 60% say multi-attribution modeling and data transparency are their biggest stumbling blocks
Getting a handle on multi-attribution modeling and data are key moving forward, however, because consumers aren't going to stop using multiple device simply because that makes it hard for retailers to do their jobs. In fact, some experts believe consumers will begin using more devices, making it crucial for brands to get a handle on how shoppers engage via different devices.
"Apple's continuity between Mac, iPad, and iPhone demonstrates the importance of cross device communication which is a key element for advertisers," said myThings CEO, Benny Arbel. "Advertisers need to be able to reach consumers and have 'continuity' among all devices since consumers today are on multiple devices all the time - targeting a consumer who has a full, unpurchased shopping cart on their iPad may need to be retargeted on a mobile device. This type of communication is crucial towards effective marketing."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...