News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: People love gagets, just maybe not the Fire phone
Americans - and, really, just about all developed-world consumers - love their gadgets. We line up to buy the latest phone, the smartwatches and tablets. But one new device may not be faring as well, at least according to one new survey.
Apple has a new phone coming out? The lines at the Apple store will be long. Samsung just upgraded their tablet? Look for 'sold out' signs at electronics stores and mobile providers. But one new device isn't getting the kind of attention some might expect.
According to a Connexity Insights survey the interest in Amazon's upcoming Fire smartphone is. . .bland. Researchers surveyed both Amazon Prime and non-Prime members and found most of the interest is coming from those using Amazon Prime.
"Fire has initially received lukewarm interest," says Hayley Silver Vice President, Insights powered by Bizrate at Connexity. "But I expect interest levels to increase, especially among existing Prime members looking to further leverage their Prime membership, as phone service contracts come up for renewal, prompting deeper consideration, and after consumers see more of what Amazon Fire can do."
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 10% of those surveyed say Fire Phone 'might' be worth investigating
• 24 of the 4,000 surveyed say they 'intend to purchase' Fire Phone, 14 of them are Amazon Prime members
• Most interested buyers say the integration with other Amazon products is a driving factor
One more interesting note: iPhone members surveyed were more likely to already be Prime members than other phone owners, but they were 'most interested' in the free year of Amazon Prime that comes with a phone purchase.
- Telesign: Fake users costing businesses millions of dollars
- Black Friday another record breaker for Amazon UK
- Why your Twitter button lost its count
- Reports: Cyber Monday breaking records
- 4 trends to watch in 2016
- How analytics are impacting e-commerce
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...