News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: People love gagets, just maybe not the Fire phone
Americans - and, really, just about all developed-world consumers - love their gadgets. We line up to buy the latest phone, the smartwatches and tablets. But one new device may not be faring as well, at least according to one new survey.
Apple has a new phone coming out? The lines at the Apple store will be long. Samsung just upgraded their tablet? Look for 'sold out' signs at electronics stores and mobile providers. But one new device isn't getting the kind of attention some might expect.
According to a Connexity Insights survey the interest in Amazon's upcoming Fire smartphone is. . .bland. Researchers surveyed both Amazon Prime and non-Prime members and found most of the interest is coming from those using Amazon Prime.
"Fire has initially received lukewarm interest," says Hayley Silver Vice President, Insights powered by Bizrate at Connexity. "But I expect interest levels to increase, especially among existing Prime members looking to further leverage their Prime membership, as phone service contracts come up for renewal, prompting deeper consideration, and after consumers see more of what Amazon Fire can do."
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 10% of those surveyed say Fire Phone 'might' be worth investigating
• 24 of the 4,000 surveyed say they 'intend to purchase' Fire Phone, 14 of them are Amazon Prime members
• Most interested buyers say the integration with other Amazon products is a driving factor
One more interesting note: iPhone members surveyed were more likely to already be Prime members than other phone owners, but they were 'most interested' in the free year of Amazon Prime that comes with a phone purchase.
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
- Reports: Mobile data traffic, video trending high
- Survey finds increased interest in online car buying
- Expert: 'Likes' aren't the value of social
- Alternative methods outpace bank cards in global online payments
- Are you EU GDPR ready?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...