News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: People love gagets, just maybe not the Fire phone
Americans - and, really, just about all developed-world consumers - love their gadgets. We line up to buy the latest phone, the smartwatches and tablets. But one new device may not be faring as well, at least according to one new survey.
Apple has a new phone coming out? The lines at the Apple store will be long. Samsung just upgraded their tablet? Look for 'sold out' signs at electronics stores and mobile providers. But one new device isn't getting the kind of attention some might expect.
According to a Connexity Insights survey the interest in Amazon's upcoming Fire smartphone is. . .bland. Researchers surveyed both Amazon Prime and non-Prime members and found most of the interest is coming from those using Amazon Prime.
"Fire has initially received lukewarm interest," says Hayley Silver Vice President, Insights powered by Bizrate at Connexity. "But I expect interest levels to increase, especially among existing Prime members looking to further leverage their Prime membership, as phone service contracts come up for renewal, prompting deeper consideration, and after consumers see more of what Amazon Fire can do."
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 10% of those surveyed say Fire Phone 'might' be worth investigating
• 24 of the 4,000 surveyed say they 'intend to purchase' Fire Phone, 14 of them are Amazon Prime members
• Most interested buyers say the integration with other Amazon products is a driving factor
One more interesting note: iPhone members surveyed were more likely to already be Prime members than other phone owners, but they were 'most interested' in the free year of Amazon Prime that comes with a phone purchase.
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...