News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Most would cancel cable to for online video options
A new survey from Adroit Digital sheds light on what video viewers want in their content - from ad content to how much content they're watching online. According to the report nearly half believe 15 second ads are optimal and nearly one-third are watching 15 hours or more online each week.
Video game consoles and mobile devices are pushing more people to watch video content off their televisions. That according to new data out from Adroit Digital which indicates 63% would cancel cable if they could find reliable online providers.
"Just a few years ago, content was relegated to specific devices within your home. Now, those lines have completely blurred and consumers can watch what they want, where they want, and when they want it," said Glenn Humble, Adroit Digital's director of marketing and communications and the author of the report. "This research shows that 75 percent of households frequently have at least two viewers watching different content on different devices simultaneously. This multi-screen world will continue to be a challenge for advertisers as they break new ground and test novel technologies and measurement practices, but it's the future. Consumers are hungry for online video content and, much like 'regular' TV content, they're growing accustomed to seeing advertisements on all of their screens."
Other interesting findings include:
• 70% watch video content alone
• 75% say other household members stream content at the same time they're streaming
• 56% say they currently skip video ads 'most of the time' but one-quarter say it depends on the relevance
• 35% say they're most likely to respond to health/fitness ads, 33% 'most likely respond' to sports/outdoors or news/current events
• 51% say they watch ads in recorded (30 minute) shows, 49% say they skip all those ads
As for where they are watching, about half say they watch 'live television' broadcasts while 68% watch content via YouTube and 49% are watching via Netflix.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...