News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Most would cancel cable to for online video options
A new survey from Adroit Digital sheds light on what video viewers want in their content - from ad content to how much content they're watching online. According to the report nearly half believe 15 second ads are optimal and nearly one-third are watching 15 hours or more online each week.
Video game consoles and mobile devices are pushing more people to watch video content off their televisions. That according to new data out from Adroit Digital which indicates 63% would cancel cable if they could find reliable online providers.
"Just a few years ago, content was relegated to specific devices within your home. Now, those lines have completely blurred and consumers can watch what they want, where they want, and when they want it," said Glenn Humble, Adroit Digital's director of marketing and communications and the author of the report. "This research shows that 75 percent of households frequently have at least two viewers watching different content on different devices simultaneously. This multi-screen world will continue to be a challenge for advertisers as they break new ground and test novel technologies and measurement practices, but it's the future. Consumers are hungry for online video content and, much like 'regular' TV content, they're growing accustomed to seeing advertisements on all of their screens."
Other interesting findings include:
• 70% watch video content alone
• 75% say other household members stream content at the same time they're streaming
• 56% say they currently skip video ads 'most of the time' but one-quarter say it depends on the relevance
• 35% say they're most likely to respond to health/fitness ads, 33% 'most likely respond' to sports/outdoors or news/current events
• 51% say they watch ads in recorded (30 minute) shows, 49% say they skip all those ads
As for where they are watching, about half say they watch 'live television' broadcasts while 68% watch content via YouTube and 49% are watching via Netflix.
Image via Shutterstock
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...