News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Customer service sways more mobile buyers
The mobile landscape is a tight place to be - according to data out from comScore Android holds just over a 50% share in mobile platformss with Apple following at just over 40%. As for OEMs, Apple is leading the pack with a 41% marketshare. Samsung is their closest competitor with a 27% share. New data out from B2X and Motorola may shed light on how manufacturers can gain more ground.
According to one new study customer care and service are the key points to gain more mobile customers. Researchers with B2X polled American smartphone consumers to find out about their mobile experiences, and according to the report post-sales service and customer support was the most important purchase factor for consumers.
"This survey further proves our belief that customer care should be the top priority for all device manufacturers, insurance providers and wireless carriers in the mobile industry" said Raul Sfat of B2X. "Therefore, we believe that enabling our clients to provide the most efficient, unprecedented customer care allows them to attract and maintain loyal consumers."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 86% of Americans use smartphones 'primarily' for texting
• 70% expect mobile repairs to happen within the same day
• 30% have no idea where to go to get help with mobile device issues
• 25% say they have problems with their smartphones/tablets once per year
"At Motorola, we consider customer care to be of the utmost importance. In fact, we find it so vital, that we've reengineered the consumer experience for Motorola users with a new service and repair model whereby the customer is our central focus," said Donald Hicks Sr. Director Business Operations and Strategy at Motorola Mobility LLC. "Through our partnership with B2X, we have been able to enhance our customers experience by improving our repair and replacement options while becoming more efficient and cost effective."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: New sales and mobile analysis tools
- Reports: SMBs overworked but happy
- Study IDs how B2B brands can improve customers' lifecycle
- Shoppers: Tracking is creepy
- Social media's role as a shopping aid rising
- Twitter's top tips for reality TV hashtags
- Less than 1 in 10 hotel reservations made via mobile in 2014
- Millennials want convenient, functional and relevant mobile app experience
Featured White Papers
- The Video Marketing Handbook
Everything you need to build a video marketing strategy. The Video Marketing Handbook covers everything from video production through to...
- Gain Real-time email competitive intelligence with this video
Watch this short webinar today and see for yourself how you can gain access to email competitive data, real-time inbox...