News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Unified marketing driving ROI
Unified marketing is a fairly new term to the online space, the basic tenets are that by unifying data brands can create more personalization, improve customer service and obtain better customer segmentation - which leads back to the targeting/personalization key. The problem? Not enough brands are confident in unified marketing.
According to a new report unified marketing is looming large on the horizon for many online brands, but most also admit they aren't sure how to unify the data they have at their fingertips. Tealium collaborated with Econsultancy on the report.
"The whole industry is grappling with having disparate marketing applications and data sources. This study looks at the issues and how some organizations are overcoming them," said Stefan Tornquist, vice president at Econsultancy, an independent research and media company. "We've been talking about the potential for unified data and applications for some time, and it's exciting to see companies finally benefiting from it."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• Most brands are concerned about data fragmentation
• 47% report 'unified customer views' is key for success, 14% say they have 'strong capabilities' to create those views
• 45% report using data warehousing to unify efforts, 28% say they 'aren't doing anything'
• 18% of SMBs and 13% of enterprises use the cloud to unify marketing data
Just over half of those surveyed said that for data to help them succeed it has to be simple to understand and work with.
"We strongly believe in the power and promise of marketing technology and, as this survey suggests, businesses are just scratching the surface of what's possible when a unified marketing strategy is implemented," said Tracy Hansen, CMO at Tealium, the global leader in enterprise tag management and real-time unified marketing solutions. "Tealium provides a platform for marketers to 'build their own marketing cloud,' so they can easily connect and integrate all their best-in-class marketing solutions. This enables them to drive more profitable cross-channel engagements in real time using their existing applications."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
- Study dispels myth of what motivates brand advocates
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...