News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Travelers looking early for bookings
A new study indicates travelers - for both business and pleasure - are taking advantage of online offerings to make destination decisions. From how they'll get there - plan, rental car, train - to where they'll stay once they arrive, travelers say both deal sites and branded airline or hotel sites are destinations they hit before traveling.
The study, No Reservations: How Travelers Plan & Book Online, was conducted by ResearchNow on behalf of Sociomantic Labs.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 57% of travelers book flights 2+ weeks in advance, 27% book 3+ weeks in advance
• 95% of business and leisure travelers say their main stop to purchase tickets is an airline site
• Business travelers also look at 'deal' sites for flights (71%) and hotel stays (63%)
• About three-quarters of leisure travelers look to deal sites, as well
"Travelers, like all online shoppers, have more options than ever when it comes to making plans. And unsurprisingly, airline and hotel websites are today the go-to destination for research," said JB Brokaw, North American president, Sociomantic. "This is a huge opportunity for travel retailers. Travelers are not being pressured to purchase. They have the time to book and the freedom to make their plans, so show them the offers personalized to them and their needs and capture these travelers before they wander too far."
Interestingly enough, business travelers are reporting as much freedom in their bookings as those traveling for pleasure. According to most business travelers, while they must arrive at a certain time for meetings or conferences, most are given leeway in how they arrive and where they stay once they've arrived.
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...