News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Travelers looking early for bookings
A new study indicates travelers - for both business and pleasure - are taking advantage of online offerings to make destination decisions. From how they'll get there - plan, rental car, train - to where they'll stay once they arrive, travelers say both deal sites and branded airline or hotel sites are destinations they hit before traveling.
The study, No Reservations: How Travelers Plan & Book Online, was conducted by ResearchNow on behalf of Sociomantic Labs.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 57% of travelers book flights 2+ weeks in advance, 27% book 3+ weeks in advance
• 95% of business and leisure travelers say their main stop to purchase tickets is an airline site
• Business travelers also look at 'deal' sites for flights (71%) and hotel stays (63%)
• About three-quarters of leisure travelers look to deal sites, as well
"Travelers, like all online shoppers, have more options than ever when it comes to making plans. And unsurprisingly, airline and hotel websites are today the go-to destination for research," said JB Brokaw, North American president, Sociomantic. "This is a huge opportunity for travel retailers. Travelers are not being pressured to purchase. They have the time to book and the freedom to make their plans, so show them the offers personalized to them and their needs and capture these travelers before they wander too far."
Interestingly enough, business travelers are reporting as much freedom in their bookings as those traveling for pleasure. According to most business travelers, while they must arrive at a certain time for meetings or conferences, most are given leeway in how they arrive and where they stay once they've arrived.
Image via Shutterstock
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...