News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Travelers looking early for bookings
A new study indicates travelers - for both business and pleasure - are taking advantage of online offerings to make destination decisions. From how they'll get there - plan, rental car, train - to where they'll stay once they arrive, travelers say both deal sites and branded airline or hotel sites are destinations they hit before traveling.
The study, No Reservations: How Travelers Plan & Book Online, was conducted by ResearchNow on behalf of Sociomantic Labs.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 57% of travelers book flights 2+ weeks in advance, 27% book 3+ weeks in advance
• 95% of business and leisure travelers say their main stop to purchase tickets is an airline site
• Business travelers also look at 'deal' sites for flights (71%) and hotel stays (63%)
• About three-quarters of leisure travelers look to deal sites, as well
"Travelers, like all online shoppers, have more options than ever when it comes to making plans. And unsurprisingly, airline and hotel websites are today the go-to destination for research," said JB Brokaw, North American president, Sociomantic. "This is a huge opportunity for travel retailers. Travelers are not being pressured to purchase. They have the time to book and the freedom to make their plans, so show them the offers personalized to them and their needs and capture these travelers before they wander too far."
Interestingly enough, business travelers are reporting as much freedom in their bookings as those traveling for pleasure. According to most business travelers, while they must arrive at a certain time for meetings or conferences, most are given leeway in how they arrive and where they stay once they've arrived.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Keys for coupon success
- Study: Texting could save customer relationships
- Survey: Though ads influence, relevance is key
- Brands: What you need to know about the 3 leading cyberattacks
- Top 3 tips to increase localization
- Top 3 tips for better personalization
- Ad Roundup: Releases focus on omnichannel
- Expert: How to personalize without the creep factor
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...