News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Travel sites blowing mobile
This summer more travelers are going mobile, but when it comes to finding those travel minded consumers, many travel brands are blowing it. At least in the mobile space. According to new data out from The Search Agency, the top travel sites are missing the boat on the mobile experience.
Only 8 of the top 100 travel related websites are using responsive design according to new data out from The Search Agency. And, while about two-thirds to serve up a mobile friendly site, about 25% are pushing the desktop version of their site onto mobile devices. This, says The Search Agency, is why travel sites are blowing mobile.
"As we launch into the summer travel season, consumers may become frustrated while doing research on the best travel spots, accommodations and fares," said Delia Perez, SVP account delivery and strategy at The Search Agency. "We found that most sites are slow to load and do not offer the best experiences possible for consumers, however, there are some shining examples. Choice Hotels, in particular, has adopted many of the best practices that are required to provide a seamless mobile customer experience, including search functionality, account sign-in and click to call."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 86 of the top 100 sites offer on-site search options
• 40 of the top 100 offer click-to-call options
• Most offer social media buttons/links or sign-in
• Choice Hotels brands - including Econo Lodge and Comfort Inn - scored the highest
Researchers also found page load times were off. According to Google's data webpages should load within 1 second on mobile, but in the top 100 sites took about 2.64 seconds to load. These slower times may cause users to click away in favor of other sites.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...