News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Travel sites blowing mobile
This summer more travelers are going mobile, but when it comes to finding those travel minded consumers, many travel brands are blowing it. At least in the mobile space. According to new data out from The Search Agency, the top travel sites are missing the boat on the mobile experience.
Only 8 of the top 100 travel related websites are using responsive design according to new data out from The Search Agency. And, while about two-thirds to serve up a mobile friendly site, about 25% are pushing the desktop version of their site onto mobile devices. This, says The Search Agency, is why travel sites are blowing mobile.
"As we launch into the summer travel season, consumers may become frustrated while doing research on the best travel spots, accommodations and fares," said Delia Perez, SVP account delivery and strategy at The Search Agency. "We found that most sites are slow to load and do not offer the best experiences possible for consumers, however, there are some shining examples. Choice Hotels, in particular, has adopted many of the best practices that are required to provide a seamless mobile customer experience, including search functionality, account sign-in and click to call."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 86 of the top 100 sites offer on-site search options
• 40 of the top 100 offer click-to-call options
• Most offer social media buttons/links or sign-in
• Choice Hotels brands - including Econo Lodge and Comfort Inn - scored the highest
Researchers also found page load times were off. According to Google's data webpages should load within 1 second on mobile, but in the top 100 sites took about 2.64 seconds to load. These slower times may cause users to click away in favor of other sites.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...