News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Social key for Millennials looking for content
When it comes to finding content, Millennial consumers are most likely to go the social route. That is the takeaway from a new SDL Global study which found 5 in 6 Millennials are connecting with brands via the social space.
Did you know younger consumers (US) - between ages 18 and 36 - check their smartphones an average of 43 times each day? They are reading email, checking in with social networks, playing games and reading content. Much of that content - coming to them from the social space, according to new data out from SDL which shows Millennials share at least 6 pieces of content each day via their social networks.
"Today's customers are accessing a wide range of on- and off-line channels to start, stop, rejoin and jump engagement levels, carving out highly individualized paths to purchase," said Paige O'Neill, CMO, SDL. "SDL's survey shows that social is the channel of first choice for millennials, and that will have broad implications for marketing as brands seek to build trust and relationships with this important demographic. We now have the ability to create and target content in context, which means content will truly have the ability to find the customer."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Millennials want targeting - 71% say they're more likely to listen to hyper-targeting music streams like Pandora over non-targeted streams
• Millennials want answers about questions, content, etc. immediately
• Social networks top email, customizable newsfeeds and search engines for Millennials' content curation
Image via Shutterstock
- Colors effect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...