News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Most brands looking for deeper emotional connections
It will come as little surprise to most of you that brands are looking to make deeper, more emotional connections with shoppers. What may surprise, according to a new report out from MediaBrix, is that 88% of brands say the ability to make those emotional connections would influence their branded digital branded spending.
Millward Brown Digital conducted the survey for MediaBrix. In it researchers found most ad dollars are distributed evenly across the spectrum, but that if emotional connections could be made, 88% reported they would up their branded spending in those areas.
"The Millward Brown Digital survey confirms that making emotional connections is extremely important to digital marketers, while ads bought through programmatic methods can be damaging for brands," says Ari Brandt, CEO and Co-founder, MediaBrix. "Programmatic clearly has a place within digital media, but the industry has not addressed quality and effectiveness. Until that time, seemlessly integrating ads during emotional moments--that fortify a brand's relationships with users and add to the overall experience--is the most powerful and effective form of advertising in existence."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 30% believe programmatic buying (RTB) 'damages' brand loyalty
• 37% report 'banner blindness' is their top concern when buying programmatic ads
• 81% say the ability to 'emotionally target' ads would reduce banner blindness
• 37% have tried emotionally targeted in-game ads
As for why brands are so focused on emotional connections, more than half say emotional targeting adds value for consumers or encourages 'dialogue' between shopper and brand. More than 60% believe emotional targeting influences purchase decisions while nearly three-quarters believe this kind of targeting builds trust/loyalty and brand recognition.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...