News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Most brands looking for deeper emotional connections
It will come as little surprise to most of you that brands are looking to make deeper, more emotional connections with shoppers. What may surprise, according to a new report out from MediaBrix, is that 88% of brands say the ability to make those emotional connections would influence their branded digital branded spending.
Millward Brown Digital conducted the survey for MediaBrix. In it researchers found most ad dollars are distributed evenly across the spectrum, but that if emotional connections could be made, 88% reported they would up their branded spending in those areas.
"The Millward Brown Digital survey confirms that making emotional connections is extremely important to digital marketers, while ads bought through programmatic methods can be damaging for brands," says Ari Brandt, CEO and Co-founder, MediaBrix. "Programmatic clearly has a place within digital media, but the industry has not addressed quality and effectiveness. Until that time, seemlessly integrating ads during emotional moments--that fortify a brand's relationships with users and add to the overall experience--is the most powerful and effective form of advertising in existence."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 30% believe programmatic buying (RTB) 'damages' brand loyalty
• 37% report 'banner blindness' is their top concern when buying programmatic ads
• 81% say the ability to 'emotionally target' ads would reduce banner blindness
• 37% have tried emotionally targeted in-game ads
As for why brands are so focused on emotional connections, more than half say emotional targeting adds value for consumers or encourages 'dialogue' between shopper and brand. More than 60% believe emotional targeting influences purchase decisions while nearly three-quarters believe this kind of targeting builds trust/loyalty and brand recognition.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
- Email analysis reveals extent of email attacks on businesses
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...