News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobile driving purchase decisions, but not buys
It seems mobile doing both more - and less - than some retailers might think. According to a new report mobile is, indeed, pushing purchase decisions. But the actual buying of those products is happening in-store. Not so bad a trade-off for those retailers who are prepared for a solid in-store and mobile experience.
"As mobile adoption increases, we see consumers turning to mobile as a necessary part of their purchase decisions," said Monica Ho, SVP of marketing, xAd. "The impact of this increased mobile usage is significant and it isn't limited to on-device activity. With mobile consumers looking to make decisions quickly and locally, mobile is also serving as a tool to drive in-store activity."
Some interesting takeaways from the 3rd Annual US Mobile Path to Purchase Study include:
• More than one-third of mobile shoppers say they use mobile 'exclusively' or that mobile is their 'most important' product research device
• 52% of mobile shoppers say visit physical stores while 64% say they finish purchases in-store rather than on mobile
• About half of shoppers using smartphones access sites at home
• 53% of mobile shoppers call local businesses because of mobile search results
"The truly pervasive nature of mobile is reinforcing the opportunity for advertisers to pursue mobile's ready to buy audience and clearer performance metrics," said Bill Dinan, president of Telmetrics. "Capturing consumer engagement points throughout the mobile path to purchase is essential to optimizing mobile ad programs to reach consumers when they are most open to options for fulfilling their purchase needs."
The study also indicates that the bulk of mobile shopping/researching happens at the beginning of the purchase funnel; about 65% of shoppers say they then complete the purchase within a day.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
- Study: Digital driving calls to businesses
- Study: Email key for SMB trust
- Studies: Video views increasing
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...